elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!

Go down 
+3
Emma G
lucky with disease
DavidM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DavidM
fallen angel
fallen angel
DavidM

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Empty
PostSubject: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan 2009, 09:21

I hear the boys will be playing live on JR's return to radio 2 show this coming saturday!!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jan 2009, 13:38

Now I know why I listen to Adam and Joe on BBC6 ,if I have the radio on saturday morning, at least I find them funny...I don't find JR rude humour funny at all...Suspect
Boring. Never listened to him on the radio before, only tuned in as Elbow were there.
After listening to his self obsessed twittering, he finally had Elbow on after saying to his sidekick that they were from Sheffield? to bang on about their history of record label changes...as if this hasn't been covered in numerous interviews before.
I was hoping to hear about how wonderful, and what it was like, playing with the BBC Orchestra and Chantage Choir at the legendary Abbey Road Studios. At least he gave it a cursory plug, even though this was vaguely done, just something like... its on in a couple of weeks.

Elbow just played one acoustic, bluesy GFD, like they've done before on radio, and JR ended with a stream of insincere "Good lucks.." which ended with a Good Luck on the Diet, which he then tried to qualify on afterthought...which just makes him more crass.
Guy thanked him , ever the Gentleman.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 09:06

I agree Lucky - the Ross "interview" was terrible. And forget "Manuelgate" - Ross should be suspended for his rude comment to Guy about his diet - an absolute disgrace!!
Back to top Go down
DavidM
fallen angel
fallen angel
DavidM

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 09:57

Yeah was disappointed that they only played the one track- but have to disagree with your views of JR!! I actually rather like him!
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 17:48

JOno Ross is what he is. He's not very tactile, very subtle or very intelligent, but it is f***ing funny!

As for the Elboy's part of the show; does anyone know if its on the IPlayer?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 19:28

Leo wrote:
JOno Ross is what he is. He's not very tactile, very subtle or very intelligent, but it is f***ing funny!

As for the Elboy's part of the show; does anyone know if its on the IPlayer?

Aye, it's still on the i-player. After about 2h23m if you don't want to trawl through the rest of the programme.
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 21:51

See Leo... I knew you'd like Jonathon Ross. Well, someone has to.
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan 2009, 21:54

I do Smile one of few things which leo and me agree on as of late Razz
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083

PostSubject: Re: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan 2009, 15:58

Thanks Hesh.

And, we agree on lots of things don't we Grant??? Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan 2009, 16:37

Not as of late Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!   Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live on Jonathan Ross this Saturday!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow patch-
Jump to: