elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help!

Go down 
5 posters

What would you expect to see in a remake of Powder Blue?
Fast Paced Shots, Colour
Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Vote_lcap0%Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Slow Paced Shots, Colour
Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Vote_lcap36%Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Fast Paced Shots, Black & White
Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Vote_lcap0%Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Slow Paced Shots, Black & White
Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Vote_lcap64%Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
THRASHX3
newborn
newborn
THRASHX3

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Empty
PostSubject: Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help!   Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 10:58

Hi, for my Media Studies AS2 coursework we have been set the ask of creating a music video, and for my planning I really need audience feedback. The video is Powder Blue (I know there is already an official version but i love the song so much i had to pick it) and I need you guys to put your opinion on what you think the visuals should look like.. Please do this it would only take a moment of your time, and it would really help me out. Just to get a picture in your head, the video is going to be based on a young boy stuck in purgatory, i'll also be going for some artisitc shots etc etc, so please choose what you style think would look best with that narraitve. Thankyou so much!

Last edited by THRASHX3 on Wed 07 Jan 2009, 13:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/THRASHX3
josephblack
friend of ours
friend of ours
josephblack

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help!   Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 13:22

What programme/software are you using?
Good luck from an English & Media Studies teacher!
Back to top Go down
THRASHX3
newborn
newborn
THRASHX3

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help!   Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 13:28

Well the school system has Ulead 11, which i'm going to use on the more technical things, but i'll be using windows movie maker at home for the basic editing, because that's all you really need.. awesome! i do english language for AS2 as well! =D and thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/THRASHX3
josephblack
friend of ours
friend of ours
josephblack

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help!   Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 13:52

Which exam board is it?
Are you going to use Garvey's explanation of the lyrics as a guide or your own interpretation?
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help!   Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 19:42

It's my opinion that the black and white effect can often appear to the viewer as a cop-out... You gotta find a way of making it moving without just removing all the colour! It's become a cliché in my mind. To answer your poll, I say you get a decent balance between fast and slow paced shots, in full colour. Good luck with that! As for actual content, as long as you contrast the mournfulness of the verses to the uplifting nature of the chorus, I'd be chuffed!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help!   Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 20:55

That is pretty cool! To be honest, I don't like the original video for powder blue which is probably the reason why I didn't like the song for a long time! So I am looking forward. Hopefully you can post the end-result!
I voted: Slow Paced Shots, Black & White
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help!   Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jan 2009, 21:15

I'm going to have to do the same thing soon mate. I'm going to pick an Elbow song; maybe Scattered Black And Whites, or I've Got Your NUmber. Anyway, I'm definitely going to use slow paced shots. But I'm going to mix it up a bit with some interludes of faster shots on the accents in the music. You need to tailor each part of the video to correspond to that part in the song. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help!   Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im Making an Elbow Music Video for AS2 Coursework Please Help!
Page 1 of 1