elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snowboarding

Go down 
+2
MagicalTrevor
Dobz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dobz
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2008, 01:17

Any other boarders or even (dare I say it!) two-plankers in Elbow land?

I'm a boarder meself - been boarding for about 7 years. My daughter and I are off to Canada on 4th Feb for 2 glorious weeks in Banff. bounce

I've cancelled Christmas in our house as it's just getting in the way of my anticipation of Canada and then 2 weeks after we get back - Elbow at Llandudno.

Funds permitting am also hoping for another trip either to Wengen or Mayrhoffen in March or April.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2008, 08:51

Myself and MrsMT are avid snowboarders. We are off to Banff in two weeks, so all our current spare time is spent watching the webcams and reading snow reports and weather forecasts!

Next trip after that is to Whistler in Feb/Mar 09, went there in Jan this year and it is amazing!

Do you post on http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2008, 12:25

I'm a boarder. Off to Val Thorens in Feb.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2008, 13:53

I've had friends that do it, but I don't do anything as active as that xD
Back to top Go down
Dobz
fallen angel
fallen angel

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeMon 17 Nov 2008, 00:23

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Myself and MrsMT are avid snowboarders. We are off to Banff in two weeks, so all our current spare time is spent watching the webcams and reading snow reports and weather forecasts!

Next trip after that is to Whistler in Feb/Mar 09, went there in Jan this year and it is amazing!

Do you post on http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/

Banff AND Whistler in the same season Very Happy Woooohoooo Very nice. I am exceptionally jealous Laughing

I don't post on Snowboardclub - I can't understand what the posters are saying most of the time Rolling Eyes I do go on the Goneboarding forum though and also Snowheads.com - an exceptionally good forum - mainly skiers but we boarders do have our own section Smile

Jonny - you really should give it a try with your friends - it's the best thing ever Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 19:11

Used to do a bit of planking back in the day.
Generally pretty miserable and wet skiing in Scotland though.

I do like the look of snowboarding, but i've heard its much more difficult than it looks !
Maybe i'll get the Wii fit version and go boarding in my shorts Laughing
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 13:24

The Wii Fit Shaun White is pretty good as a bit of fun but lacks the depth of the PS3/Xbox 360 version. Having said that, I think it's worth having, if not only for a laugh with your mates.

Snowboarding isn't that hard but the learning curve is steep. Once you get it though, it's the easiest thing in the world. Given where you live I'd give it a go if you get some good days, I hear that Caringorm can be pretty good in the middle of winter. No point me going though, probably cost me as much to get up there as it would to fly to the Alps!

Last edited by MagicalTrevor on Wed 17 Dec 2008, 19:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 13:38

Yeah, i should really get off my arse and have a go. Just so many excuses not too Laughing

Used to go to Glenshee (near Braemar) but it seemed to stop getting decent snowfall for quite a few years, must be global warming !

However - Its heavy snow here at the moment, I know my old skis are still in the shed - might be a problem fitting into the sallopettes from 10 years ago though Laughing
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 13:44

I don't know much about skiing but i do know that if your skis are more than five years old, it's advised to hire new ones, as they are completely different nowadays (the sidecut is the big difference Ithink), and loads easier to ride.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 13:48

Thumbs Up! yes, they weren't bad in their day but would need waxed/serviced at least.

mind you could be worth £250 on youve been framed, only I don't fancy the helicopter ambulance !
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeSun 07 Dec 2008, 17:26

Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008, 18:44

Like the arty approach to some of your pics. I always end up taking strange angle shots of things when i'm on holiday too, but they are usually rubbish Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeThu 18 Dec 2008, 15:05

im a planker, has been since i was five years old. Lately there has been less and less of skiing for me as I've been in one horse-accident a few years back and another accident when playing ice hockey so my knees are ('cuse my frence) fucked. Its really bad because I love skiing and all of that and doing it a bit more extreme but now adays I cant do it to much because my knees hurt.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009, 08:50

Video of our last trip out here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvIUnpg6YmE
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009, 18:43

Some vid MT !
The scenery and views looked fantastic, you must have had a 'magical' time Smile
I liked the replay of the tricks, (so good you had to see them twice eh !)
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009, 20:10

Smile
Back to top Go down
Dobz
fallen angel
fallen angel

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009, 22:46

Excellent vid. Looks like you had good snow.

We had a fantastic time in Banff. I love Canada I love you The boarding was superb and I just couldn't get over the lack of queues!!! It was brilliant.

Looking at going to Fernie next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snowboarding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowboarding   Snowboarding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snowboarding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: