elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall

Go down 
+6
hilaryg
ticky
lucky with disease
Misspelt Yoof
josephblack
Grant
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Empty
PostSubject: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 17:59

Guy talking about 'Hallelujah' 'tis loverly Smile Iplayer
Back to top Go down
josephblack
friend of ours
friend of ours
josephblack

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 10:59

See thread in this section

Guy Garvey on Radio 2 (1.11.08)
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2008, 14:15

I wonder if they'll rerecord the documentary to include comment on the X Factor winners version?!

Wink
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec 2008, 20:44

Thought I'd add a link here to a recording of this documentary that I uploaded for a friend... and as Jeff Buckley is doing so well in the christmas charting now Wink

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8d9d7o
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 18:41

Hi - I missed this when it was on last year - up to my ears with work at that time. Do you still have it LWD please? Or, by any chance does anyone else have it saved?
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 21:18

Hi ticky,

I''m on a laptop just now, and its not on this, but it should still be on my old computer. If anyone has it more readily to hand before I'm online again, then putting it on Elbowfans on Ning is better as it will stay and the link won't expire like on sendspace.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009, 21:49

I'd love to hear it if someone could point me in the right direction when it's online, ta very muchly.
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 18:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG8wGr7ZQqg&feature=channel_page

hmm it's only part 2 though as part one seems to be missing, but the rest should be on youtube aswell if you have a look
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 19:04

Thanks Stockhaus for pointing us in the right direction - There seem to be 7 parts in total. As you said part 1 is missing, but this is much better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 01:04

hI, I put the whole thing on Finest Hour Fever group on Ning so you can put it on your mp3 player now and listen to it Smile

http://elbowfans.ning.com/group/finest/forum/topics/guy-the-radio-presenter-first
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 07:58

Again - thanks so much lwd!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 13:50

I'll be heading over there to listen shortly - thatnks for posting LWD! You rock! The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall 982-ro10
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 14:51

Thanks a million LWD!
Now I must set some time aside for it!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 16:50

Jones wrote:
Thanks a million LWD!
Now I must set some time aside for it!

I know we need more hours in the day! you should be able to save on a walkman/ipod, to listen to while you are doing somthing else...I listened again, and to some old Payola shows while i was planting seedlings in the garden.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009, 10:35

I've just finished listening to it - what a wonderful programme. I never knew how many people had covered the song. Jeff Buckley is still my favourite though. The first time I heard his version, it actually made me cry.

I'd be really interested to hear some shitty versions as well - just to compare. I can't imagine Bon Jovi covering it - it's almost sacriligious.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009, 16:16

ticky wrote:

I'd be really interested to hear some shitty versions as well - just to compare. I can't imagine Bon Jovi covering it - it's almost sacriligious.

Almost?
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 06:05

Thanks for this LWD - I was lucky enough to catch this wonderful programme the first time but can now look forward to hearing it again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall   The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fourth the, The Fifth, The Minor Fall
Page 1 of 1