elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Am Kloot

Go down 
+28
ticky
natalia
sparky
ElbowFreak
MagicalTrevor
al
lucky with disease
oneofthethree
Kim
LongLegs
calypso
Bright Grey
newborn
nellie
Emma G
sundaygirl
Prestwich Red 143
takemeanywhere
chan
bluefield
asleepintheback
Dabamash
Misspelt Yoof
Hotblack
Skeletor
ukkonen
Jonny
Glendarian
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

I Am Kloot - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:47

Well, having heard a few tracks of Kloot, thinking they are pretty good, and maybe not much more, I've now heard Proof, for the first time.

I've finally 'got it'.

Incredible.
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 12:59

My Bury Vest wrote:
Well, having heard a few tracks of Kloot, thinking they are pretty good, and maybe not much more, I've now heard Proof, for the first time.

I've finally 'got it'.

Incredible.

yah!! Another one to add to Kloot world.
You should try and see them at Manchester Catherdral in December.

There's another interview with Johnny here:

http://www.creativetimes.co.uk/articles/video-i-am-kloot-s-john-bramwell
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug 2010, 14:10

LongLegs wrote:
My Bury Vest wrote:

I've finally 'got it'.

Incredible.

yah!! Another one to add to Kloot world.
You should try and see them at Manchester Catherdral in December.

There's another interview with Johnny here:

http://www.creativetimes.co.uk/articles/video-i-am-kloot-s-john-bramwell

Cheers LL, I'm going to see Beach House at M'cr Cathedral, and 5 gigs pre Xmas is enough for my bank balance to withstand at the moment - but I'll be seeking more from Mr Bramwell and co, now.....it's moments like that, why, watching your children grow up apart, there's nothing in the world like music, when the hairs on the back of yer neck stand and the hangover in bed, for 2 minutes 43 seconds, leaves you !
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Sep 2010, 08:56

Oh Beach House at the Catherdral will be magic.
I can't wait to see them in London.

Go buy Natural History, it's still my favourite Kloot LP and listen to 'Because' not only is it beautiful but Elbow play the 'wine glasses' Very Happy Genius.

They are also playing a free Absolute Radio Session in Manchester tonight, if you're on facebook you can put your name on the guest list. FREE!!

Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 16:59

A very strange show from Mr Bramwell in the Worlds Musical Capital....

http://www.citylife.co.uk/music/reviews/18583_review__john_bramwell__i_am_kloot____hard_rock_cafe scratch
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 07:57

Hmm. Sounds like he wasn't so keen on playing at the Hard Rock. Neutral
I don't know much about the folks at the british Hard Rock, I've been there ca. 15 yrs ago and had a crush on a cute longhaired waitor named Jonathan, but I remember quite well that New Year's Eve-Party at the Hard Rock Café in Berlin (or was it Halloween?) and the DJ played all kind of Disco shite but no rockmusic (only after I protested about the not-HardRock-music he played some AC/DC... Rolling Eyes )
Must admid I would not expect someone like John Bramwell at the Hard Rock, which is more an expensive museum restaurant than a cool club for Singer/Songwriters... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 08:08

There has been so much press about it, it amuses me!
There's is a lot of talk about it on the IAK forum.
http://www.retinacircus.co.uk/iakforum/viewtopic.php?t=1484

Sending the guys good vibes for tonight.
Televised coverage of the event is screened on BBC 2 at 10.00pm, with an extended programme at 11.20pm which will feature a performance from I Am Kloot.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 08:25

The xx won. Neutral
I hope it has nothing to do with the Hard Rock incident, because that would be roaring stupid. Mad Everyone is brown-nosing Amy Alehouse and Pete Draughtery though you never know if they play AT ALL and now they make a fuss about ol' Johnny Dangerously being a bit halfhearted at the Hard Rock... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 08:47

Kloot losing the Mercury has nothing to do with the Hard Rock gig.

The whole Hard Rock thing is a mountain out of a molehill. He did the session songs required and apparently (not being there myself) a lot of people just chattered away throughout the set as they were there to be seen rather than to see and listen to the music. I know John gets very pissed off with people who go to gigs and talk throughout without paying any attention to the artists on stage. It shows a lack of respect. I mean, why bother going if you're not going to listen to the music. That's pointless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 08:53

Hotblack wrote:
Kloot losing the Mercury has nothing to do with the Hard Rock gig.

The whole Hard Rock thing is a mountain out of a molehill. He did the session songs required and apparently (not being there myself) a lot of people just chattered away throughout the set as they were there to be seen rather than to see and listen to the music. I know John gets very pissed off with people who go to gigs and talk throughout without paying any attention to the artists on stage. It shows a lack of respect. I mean, why bother going if you're not going to listen to the music. That's pointless.

Now I understand poor John even more!! Maybe one of those babbling background buggers was that stupid newbie at the Kloot-Forum who called them Clod. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 22:48

Just back from the Liverpool gig.
They played everything off Sky At Night interspersed with a good selection of other stuff.
Highlights for me were "From Your Favourite Sky", "Same Deep Water As Me", "Because" and encore "Same Shoes.

No strings, "Ferris Wheels" or "To You" and no surprise appearance from Guy Garvey but otherwise bloomin brilliant

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 23:01

Saw them Friday night in Newcastle and can only agree, bloomin brilliant.

Set sounded pretty similar to the LIverpool one, but I can't remember all of it due to getting absolutely hammered before they went on (incidentally at the same pub across the road from the venue where the band were all drinking/smoking outside, I walked straight past them oblivious) Embarassed

Highlights for me were Storm Warning, Because and the fantastic Radiation. We also got a snatch of The Jam's To Be Someone, which was a nice surprise for my Weller loving gig buddy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 11:28

just agreeing with Sparky, was at Liverpool last night and it was ace (even though we were a bit late and it was too hot) Radiation was brilliant, my favourite track from Sky at Night, roll on Dec and Manchester Cathedral.
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 18:48

nellie wrote:
just agreeing with Sparky, was at Liverpool last night and it was ace (even though we were a bit late and it was too hot) Radiation was brilliant, my favourite track from Sky at Night, roll on Dec and Manchester Cathedral.

I've just been outbid on ebay for a couple of £17.50 tickets for the Manchester Cathedral gig

The winning bid was £113.11 Shocked

Enjoy the gig nellie, it will be fantastic
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 11:20

sparky wrote:
I've just been outbid on ebay for a couple of £17.50 tickets for the Manchester Cathedral gig

The winning bid was £113.11 Shocked

Enjoy the gig nellie, it will be fantastic

Just missed 2 more. This time they went for £122.51
That's it now. I've been spending all my money and my time. Me and mrs sparky can start to plan something else for December 3rd
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Jan 2011, 14:09

IAK came in at Number 6! Yah!
What do you guys think of the rest of the list, did anyone vote?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/events/top40/2010/

Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 May 2011, 13:31

We saw them at the Lowry last night. I gave up my champions league semi final ticket for this gig and I wasn't disappointed.

Went with The Lippy Kid and our respective other halves and we bumped into LWD. Hope you enjoyed the gig and your trip to Manchester LWD , it was nice to see you.

Anyway, about the gig....A similar set list to last years tour (ie everything from "Sky At Night" plus a very good range of stuff from their back catalogue)

I've not got the best memory but comparing with last time, we didn't get "Because", "At The Sea" and "Hey Little Bird", but we gained "Gods and Monsters", "This House Is Haunted", "I Believe" and a new song (with a "sky" theme)

Highlights for me (as usual) were "Favourite Sky" and "Same Deep Water As Me" Overall it was an excellent night although I preferred last years Liverpool Acadamy gig (more because of atmosphere than performance)

JHAB must be one of the best songwriters of his generation. Well done guys, bloomin brilliant
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 11 May 2011, 17:12

Hey sparky....that was quite something, my husband to come to manchester with me to see I am Kloot!...was his first time, he hasn't even come when I've been to see them in london!
( he's even seen Elbow 3 and half times now !!
Good that we all got to say hello pre-gig drinks, we looked out for you when we came back from our meal at Cafe Rouge but only saw Mike Baldwin from Coronation Street.
Met our friends in the circle bar, and had a great view and sound from our seats....was great to hear Ferris Wheels, and 'this house is haunted' again and 'I believe' encore was stunning. We liked the theatre venue, the last time I'd seen the whole band in manchester was at the deaf institute which was noisier, but this was more similar to the Union Chapel seated gig.
We happened to see John's dad after so that was nice, and later at Big Hands when I was just thinking I'd made a big mistake for us to go there for a drink after, Pete J made it all better by coming over and being lovely and charming and buying us a drink. We did a walking tour round manchester and salford the next day which included libraries, art galleries, churches and stop offs for refreshments on the way at Night and Day, Sinclairs and The Temple, so it was a good trip, thanks.
On the Kloot fan forum theres a link to an audience recording of the night, John was on good form with his song intros, and band intros!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 15 May 2011, 16:49

found this great clip uploaded yesterday from the Lowry gig.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
takemeanywhere
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 01:54

John Bramwell (I Am Kloot solo) + Sandboy + Garron Frith at The Junction, Oldham on Monday 30th & Tuesday 31st January 2012.

Following the success of his sold-out shows at The Junction in July, I Am Kloot's John Bramwell returns for another pair of intimate acoustic gigs next week. Support comes from Oldham's very own, Sandboy and Garron Frith.

Ticket links can be found by clicking on the days below:

Monday

Tuesday
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 15:30

Kloot are back Very Happy

I Am Kloot will play three intimate shows in November previewing new material and classics alike, ahead of a full UK tour next February.

08 Nov - PRESTON, 53 Degrees
09 Nov - SALFORD, St Paul's Church
20 Nov - LONDON, Islington Assembly Hall

New single 'Hold Back the Night' on Monday 5th November 2012.

The track is the first from the bands forthcoming new LP 'Let It All In', due out in January 2013.

Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 16:25

Went to see I Am Kloot at 53 Degrees Preston last night.

Billed as a mix of old songs and a preview of stuff from their new album due out in January, this was the first of a three night mini tour trying out their new stuff live before a full blown tour in February

I have to say, having seen them six times previously, they were ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT last night.

They produced a setlist with a lot songs we hadn't heard before but still delivered songs and classics from all their previous albums to keep everyone happy (in what John described as the biggest setlist they'd ever done).

Granted, some old favourites were left out (Same Deep Water, The Stars Look Familiar, Over My Shoulder to name a few) but they still managed to keep everyone happy with a line up that included To You, Storm Warning, Titanic, Twist, 86 TV's, Because, Proof and Favourite Sky.

As you would imagine the old classics were greeted with enthusiastic applause whereas John introduced all the new stuff (which was excellent by the way) with the usual apologetic “This is a new song ”. After about 2 hours of excellent music someone finally decided to be reasonable and give the band a bit of a break so shouted “play us another of your new songs” whereupon John looked him straight in the eye and, totally deadpan, said “How many fucking new songs do you think we’ve got pal?” Laughing Laughing

Classic John, Classic Kloot, Classic Gig

Thanks for a brilliant night boys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Am Kloot
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9