elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...

Go down 
+7
al
leespoons
Jonny
TamedLamia
Misspelt Yoof
Dabamash
Leo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...   Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Nov 2008, 07:56

Les Walkins wrote:
ah, but, im talking of popular music.

But you didn't say that. You said it wasn't real, pure music. Not that it's not real, pure popular music.

You can't change the rules to suit you.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...   Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Nov 2008, 10:28

i didnt. i just assumed that we were talking of music that gets talked of everyday.

as brilliant as the peutorico quartet are, they were never to win the mercury prize. music like that has a place, but its never going to be in the top 40 of the charts.

even so, to me, it just doesnt seem right that talentless music (anything from pj snoop face to girls aloud) should get as much as it does.

i spose its like - in sport, the best wins 95% of the time, meaning, that if you are better than your opponent, you win. i know music is entirely different to that, but even still...

elbow seem pretty happy with whatever they do tbh. i dont think theyre to bothered how an album does, as long as their pleased with it. but surely their has to be some justice for the 'musicians' - after all, it is called 'music'...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...   Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Nov 2008, 16:19

Les Walkins wrote:
...even so, to me, it just doesnt seem right that talentless music (anything from pj snoop face to girls aloud) should get as much as it does.

i spose its like - in sport, the best wins 95% of the time, meaning, that if you are better than your opponent, you win. i know music is entirely different to that, but even still...

Yes, but "talentless" and "best" or "better" are all so very subjective! What one thinks is best, or talented, or good, or better, or more real... someone else probably thinks it's shite and that THEIR something else is better and more real to them.

It's a big world with many different tastes and opinions. That's what makes life interesting!
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...   Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Nov 2008, 00:24

i totally agree. and i even said that im not saying that you shouldnt like rap etc. i just find it unjust thats all - in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...   Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 17:09

Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...   Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 17:19

because i think he's an arrogant prick.

i quite like the one he did with calvin harris, but nt much else... sorry.

rap etc just doesnt fit for me. the nearest i'll ever get to anything hip hop, is mode selektor. and the nearest ill ever get to rap... dunno. pass...
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...   Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 18:27

Did anyone see Dizzee Rascal on the President Obama newsnight special? Hilarious xD
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...   Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Nov 2008, 20:50

Les Walkins wrote:
because i think he's an arrogant prick.

i quite like the one he did with calvin harris, but nt much else... sorry.

OK, not trying to change your mind or anything, but have you heard my Dizzee/Elbow mashup?

http://10000spoons.blogspot.com/2008/10/songs-for-guy.html

Second one down, called "Sirens to Strangeways". You might want to listen to the original Strangeways to Holcombe Hill track first if you haven't already heard it - it's a b-side from LOTFW days I think, should be on imeem somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...   Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 00:35

Jonny wrote:
Did anyone see Dizzee Rascal on the President Obama newsnight special? Hilarious xD
*Cough*Roll your mouse over my post*cough*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...   Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rap, Grime and all the other bolloc...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: