elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warning about an MSN virus...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Warning about an MSN virus... Empty
PostSubject: Warning about an MSN virus...   Warning about an MSN virus... Icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2008, 15:03

If you use MSN messenger here is a small warning for you. There is a virus being circulated that comes in the form of a .ZIP file from one of your contacts. If you recieve a .ZIP with the name "picture-(number)-JPG" don't download it. If you do, don't panic, just don't run any of the files inside the ZIP. The .ZIP usually comes with a message along the lines of "OMG, I found this pic of you on (insert dating site name)!". I'm saying this because one of my contacts just tried to send me this, but luckily I realised that it was a BATCH file containing a virus before I had opened it.

Don't say I didn't warn ya.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: Warning about an MSN virus...   Warning about an MSN virus... Icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2008, 15:31

These sorts of things have been going since the dawn of Messenger... it got boring, it did.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Warning about an MSN virus...   Warning about an MSN virus... Icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2008, 15:33

This is the first time an MSN virus has tried to get me, since my antiviruse (s) kick ass. So i thought i'd just spread the word.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

PostSubject: Re: Warning about an MSN virus...   Warning about an MSN virus... Icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2008, 15:48

No messenger can hit you unless you're a total knobjockey, and you click the link/attachment that's so blatently preceeded by irrational garbage. Which is good.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Warning about an MSN virus...   Warning about an MSN virus... Icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2008, 18:46

I think you will find that I am quite versed on viruses and how to avoid them. Just because you know how to avoid this particular virus doesn't mean that everybody else does. This virus is actually quite well hidden, so unless you have something productive to say...
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Warning about an MSN virus...   Warning about an MSN virus... Icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2008, 19:30

Dabs, calm down. And Jonny, be a little more tactful Wink
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

PostSubject: Re: Warning about an MSN virus...   Warning about an MSN virus... Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2008, 11:10

Haha, yeah it does come across as a bit hostile, doesn't it? Rest assured, Dab, I wasn't suggesting the 'knobjockey' was you. Guess I just got overly passionate *rubs back of head*
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Warning about an MSN virus...   Warning about an MSN virus... Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2008, 11:12

Meh, I forgive you. ( Sad )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning about an MSN virus...   Warning about an MSN virus... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warning about an MSN virus...
Page 1 of 1