elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pete Turner Appreciation Thread

Go down 
+12
fadeupyoursmile
ElbowFreak
Leo
Mr Woman
Jonny
Topaz
Misspelt Yoof
Jones
Tinwal
bluefield
noisebox
Grant
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Empty
PostSubject: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 17:57

Thought that it was unfair that Guy, Craig, and Richard had one and Pete and Mark didn't Razz so i have taken it upon myself to sort that:P
Back to top Go down
noisebox
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 21:06

I appreciate him and am very proud of him- I should be- he is my little brother so I'm please to see this thread!
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 22:02

I love the spontanious applause that comes for the driving bass break in the middle of Grounds for Divorce very powerfull
Back to top Go down
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 23:19

Hi
I was at the the ritz in Manchester with my Fiance and a friend when the were doing the LOTFW tour (Sept 2005?) . Guy kept saying "Pete Turner on Bass!" after the first few songs. Everyone applauded Pete's playing after every song up until when Guy mentioned Pete had forgotten his god son's birthday and there were lot's of booo's. Guy then started introducing the rest of the band but we were screaming "Turner! Turner!".

Dear Noisebox was it your birthday at the last Elbow Manchester gig? =-)

Seriously though the man CAN F'KIN PLAY THE BASS! He is really good! So many Elbow songs have reeeaally good basslines! Have you seen the keyboard he has been playing recently?! It really amplifies the low notes. It sounds awsome! I was at the the front at delamere forest and the sound of it just shook you.

Brilliant bass player.

x
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008, 09:13

noisebox wrote:
I appreciate him and am very proud of him- I should be- he is my little brother so I'm please to see this thread!

Oh Noisebox,

That's fantastic: you can convey all our love and appreciation for him in person!
Some of the bass lines he produces are absolutely awesome and he is sooo cooool at the gigs. Cool
That bass bit (sorry I'm not a musician, so I don't know what you call it) in the middle of 'Grounds' is one of my fav parts of the show. When Pete steps forward and shines, and gets the big cheer he so deserves!
I also love watching him doing interviews, he is so witty and funny.
Seems like a really top bloke to me!

Total respect man! afro
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008, 10:52

Noisebox, can you please ask him where he gets his hats? Razz i think they're soooooooooo cool Razz
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008, 11:37

Is Pete Turner possibly the coolest man alive?
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008, 11:39

not possibly he just is Razz
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008, 12:39

I love Pete.

Love his bass playing, love his humour and antics with Guy and the rest of the band, plus, he's adorable. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008, 17:24

Also love said humour and antics Very Happy And as a bass player, I love the way he always knows what sounds and techniques are perfect for each song.
Back to top Go down
noisebox
fallen angel
fallen angel

Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008, 18:51

It wasn't my birthday at last Manchester gig- it was our sister's 40th.

Don't know where he gets the hats from- I'll ask.

Got to say though- a bit weird all this fuss about Pete( I like it though!). Everything seems to have gone a bit mental for all of them since the Mercury prize
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun 28 Sep 2008, 20:50

Hello noisebox! A big "Hi" from the Woman household to you and your eminent brother. Thumbs Up!

When Elbow played at Delamere, we found ourselves stood less than 20 yards away from Pete at one point, but, as he was talking to some friends at the time, we thought it would be crass and rude to harass him for autographs and photos, so the opportunity was lost. So it goes.

(but we did take a sneaky stalker photo from a distance Wink

My favourite Pete bassline is Fugitive Motel. I hope it gets an airing on the 23rd October.

pleasepleaseplease bounce
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 02:20

noisebox wrote:
Got to say though- a bit weird all this fuss about Pete( I like it though!). Everything seems to have gone a bit mental for all of them since the Mercury prize

Nah, we've always been mental for them around here, even before the Mercury Prize. geek
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 08:16

... it's bloody true though! All of a sudden they're a highly respected group... playing Wembley!
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 11:14

I know Very Happy My fave bassline is probably the Mexican standoff one Smile and, i've been nuts about Pete since i saw him leaned over the wee keyboard that he occasionally plays Razz anyone else think that just looks hilarious? Razz
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 11:56

Topaz wrote:
noisebox wrote:

Nah, we've always been mental for them around here, even before the Mercury Prize. geek

You're right Topaz! We have always been Pete fans. I certainly have been for the past 7 years!
And oh yeah: Mexican Standoff... Pure class! cheers
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 17:55

I can appreciate Pete more than once in a thread, right? Suspect

Was listening to the new album today in the car and was once again blown away by the bass line in The Bones Of You.

It's quite superb.
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 18:00

Of course you can Razz i've appreciated him many times Smile I think he's absolutely amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 19:21

ok. Pete is a top bloke, an awesome sound man, a good(ish) bassist, a style guru and a victim of Celebrity Snatch.

what more to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 19:28

He's a great bassist! Razz
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 18:31

He definitly is. I always thought that bassists are the coolest of the band. Don't know why it's just the way they are standing around and picking the sides and have a look there and over there...
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 18:32

Drummers are cooler Razz they look like they're having the most fun, well, when they're playing noisy songs anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 18:35

off topic again!
I'm U2 fan (yeah, I know) and Adam said that he loves standing in front of the boxes and feeling the power and that he had times were he felt he was needless in the band. I hope Pete never feels this way. You need a bass in a band!!!!
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 18:36

Nope, when he's not playing bass, he has a wee keyboard Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2008, 15:23

Ha ha ha... The Popbitch mailout is carrying a story on Pete breaking his ankle. Wow, they really have made it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pete Turner Appreciation Thread   Pete Turner Appreciation Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pete Turner Appreciation Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next