elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Football

Go down 
+30
TamedLamia
ChrissieInFL
Skeletor
oneofthethree
Mr_K
Diaan
Cestriansteve
redliz2
ticky
Lillybef
nikkijaydee
Tailfly
My Bury Vest
bluefield
blackmissionary
Prestwich Red 143
posh steve
Grant
Jonny
Ted
Misspelt Yoof
ElbowFreak
leespoons
Leo
heshofcheese
Jones
MagicalTrevor
ChrissyBoy
Dabamash
chan
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 07:03

I can't ever remember being this nervous for a football match. Good luck tonight, City fans. I hope we batter you though!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 12:47

I'm just getting ready to got for a few pre match pints in a coupla hours, at the moment I aint nervous in the slightest, as I'm expecting failure, misery and dejection, I've known little else in 34 trophy less years..........however, hope springs eternal in that we blast Spurs outta sight and West Ham, who have a known hatred of all things Tottenham, step aside on Sunday, and our glory years can finally commence with fans jubilant, high fives in Manchester and predictions of world domination.

I do though, expect to be home at 11pm, opening some claret after a dismal and depressing let down, with Miserable Lie by The Smiths playing and my dreams dashed yet again. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 16:13

"It's not the despair, MBV. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

Of course there is every chance that we will beat Spuds and then lose to West Ham!
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 22:03

I've never wanted Fulham to win so much in my whole life. I don't fancy any of those qualifiers!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 09:57

Mr_K wrote:
"It's not the despair, MBV. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

Of course there is every chance that we will beat Spuds and then lose to West Ham!

Yer quite right mate......

I've no complaints, Spurs were the better side in the second half, all those draws under Hughes has cost us, among other things (defensive against United and Arsenal recently)........I'll need a few days to get everything into perspective, including our manager.

Got a hangover to shake off and a map of Europe to peruse, as our place in the Europa League final, next May in Dublin, will be ours !

MCFC OK
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010, 14:57

Not long to go til the world cup, but who'll win ?
I know most of you will be hoping for England. No We'd never hear the end of it !
Being a Scot, i'm genetically programed to support every one else - unless my life depends on it Laughing

Have to fancy the Spanish or the Brazilians though. Interestingly i think if England do get through unscathed they could meet Brazil in the semi's.
(see i'm sounding like an english commentator already, predicting the path to glory !)

I'm hoping for a good tournament though, so will hopefully see some good games. ( I might even secretly hope england do well in some of them - just don't tell any of my countrymen affraid )
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010, 23:10

Yaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!! The World Cup! I can't wait!
Absolutely love it and will be glued to the box for all of it!
I also think Spain will do it this year, but obviously I'd like Holland to do well...
The longer I can keep my Dutch flags and orange banners up to annoy my neighbours, the better! Wink
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010, 09:38

Of course Jones - your exciled in Ireland !
They will be really sore after not being there thanks to Henry's hand ball !
I'm sure the neighbours will be delighted Laughing
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 30 May 2010, 21:27

After watching the England game today, my hopes are ZERO, unanswered problems all over the pitch. When Heskey headed wide near the end, it reminded me of watchin' an old piss head in parks football, on a Sunday morning after a night on the lash.

However, hope springs eternal, my excitement will be fever pitch on June 12, I LOVE WATCHING ENGLAND IN THE WORLD CUP........all club rivalry issues forgotten for a month.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010, 09:50

ChrissyBoy wrote:
Of course Jones - your exciled in Ireland !
They will be really sore after not being there thanks to Henry's hand ball !
I'm sure the neighbours will be delighted Laughing

It's a shame really, as there is ZERO World Cup fever here.
I look at pictures my Mam sends from her road and its a riot of orange! A real party atmosphere going on there. Football - Page 6 Dutch-flag-45
As for yesterday's England match: perhaps you should sign up some of the Japanese fellas, they were doing a great job of scoring for you! Razz
I think you will do well all the same, you've got a good team.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010, 12:52

Allllrighty then, I am about to become a football widow. Hubby is eating/breathing/sleeping World Cup just now! He's from Scotland and is of course disgusted that his team was too crap to qualify this time around. So now he's just rooting for whoever plays against Italy. Also, he's got a load of mates coming round ours to watch England vs. US tomorrow, and is rooting for the US in that one (no offense, all y'all in England, but I'm sure you're not too surprised to hear it! Laughing ). I will not be watching that with him, though it's actually the only match I was interested in watching. I will instead be accompanying my daughter and her friends to see the remake of the Karate Kid, for my daughter's birthday. I would rather stick forks in my eyes than sit through that flick, but there you go. Rolling Eyes Hopefully we will manage to get home in time for me to catch some of the match before it's over.

Last but not least, I'm sure y'all who are following the football will have seen this by now, but if not, here's something kinda amusing I saw earlier this week:

Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010, 15:47

Yeah, I love that, Chrissie! It's fun to play 'spot the celebs' in that!
Hope the US do well; I think they are very much underrated and could cause a bit of upset...
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010, 17:56

Football - Page 6 Zzflag010 Oh I forgot we're not there Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Football - Page 6 Waving_US_Flag_object-emoticon-0018
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010, 20:22

Ha! Love it, ChrissyBoy! Football - Page 6 Lolfla10
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010, 11:22

Was actually quite a good game, England probably deserved a win - but the USA were pretty solid at times.
Absolute nightmare for the goalkeeper though.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 15:49

Missed the whole England/US match. Mad But I've seen the highlights several times now...US got lucky! Hope both teams can do a better job of scoring going forward. And as a side note: if I have to hear those bloody horns buzzing one more time - holy cheese, that buzzing is killing me! I had to tell my husband to mute the set the other evening because I couldn't take it anymore! Yay for national pride and yay for local culture and that, but please South Africa, give us a break! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 20:06

Jones will be pleased with the Dutch winning start !

Just read an interesting article about 36 female dutch fans being ejected for wearing mini-dresses. Apparantley the authorities thought it was some kind of marketing stunt or something.

I say get more mini-dresses ! (cause most of the football's been pretty poor so far)
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010, 20:46

Not a great match, but a win is a win!
Yes, those mini dresses were banned before because they have the 'Bavaria Beer' logo on them (who are not official sponsors). The girls were arrested and threatened with 8 months in jail, which seems a little harsh...
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 18:12

Couldn't find a german waving flag ! jocolor

Tough game for England on Sunday though, just pipped by the USA at the death yesterday for top spot.

What about the italians, holy maccaronii ! not being able to qualify from that group eh !

and don't get me started on the French, miserable little kids, grrr.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun 2010, 19:26

My sympathy Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 18:35

Football - Page 6 Flags_175

We're still alive!
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 19:19

You made it to the final then Jones !!!!!
bounce
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 07:13

Aj caramba!
I just wished that our players would have at least shot one goal because I always enjoyed that noise of "new year's eve at the elephant's house" lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 08:17

ChrissyBoy wrote:
You made it to the final then Jones !!!!!
bounce

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!!!!! That flag isn't coming down yet!!!

Allright you folks, y'all better cheer for my little country now!!!

Hup Holland Hup!!!

Football - Page 6 Flags_175Football - Page 6 Flags_175Football - Page 6 Flags_175
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 08:26

Football - Page 6 Ned_MarcelAntonisse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Football - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football   Football - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Football
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: