elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?

Go down 
+3
bluefield
mrswoman
Tinwal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Empty
PostSubject: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep 2008, 21:49

Hey
I'm a songwriter/ singer / guitar player and I'm looking for a fiddle player in the Warrington area?

If anyone knows someone who maybe interested please reply. I have a few original songs and like to throw some Elbow covers in.

As well as Elbow I love R.E.M, Cherry Ghost, U2, Tom Waits, Brian Eno, Bowie, Pulp among others....

xxx

Long live the 'Bow
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 15:40

You've got some crackin' taste there Tinwal. Now if I lived a bit nearer and could play fiddle instead of guitar I'd be well up for that. Does a term of violin lessons at junior school count? Wink

Might be worth a try putting free ads on all the 'find me a band' type sites if you haven't already. Good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 15:41

or going to a " session" in pubs quite a few fiddle players I know although playing the widdley diddley session type fiddling are quite open to other forms of music
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 16:49

i agree with bluefield. you get young trendy fiddle players who do those sessions aswell

i can play a bit... but not brilliantly... i picked one up in a shop the other day, and worked out the duh-duh DUH-DUH duh-duh DUH... bit of one day like this... but...

yeh anyway... keep searchin man,,, and good luck!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 20:51

It's a very slim chance that you're gonna find a fiddle player. I can honestly say that I have never met anyone who can play the fiddle. (maybe i'm not looking under enough rocks)
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 20:53

Dabamash wrote:
It's a very slim chance that you're gonna find a fiddle player. I can honestly say that I have never met anyone who can play the fiddle. (maybe i'm not looking under enough rocks)

Good lord! You can hardly go into any pub in Dublin without tripping over these guys!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 20:55

Dublin is a bit out of my way...
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 20:58

Ok keep looking under the rocks so
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 20:58

I shall do so.
Back to top Go down
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008, 18:19

Thanks for input and good wishes people. I've found a link to a string section type forum in case anyone is interested,

http://www.fiddleforum.com/fiddleforum/index.php

Still not found anyone yet though.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct 2008, 12:05

Can't help you find a fiddler, Tinwal, but good luck with the music and in the meantime there are some cracking pictures here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?   Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Fiddle players in/ near warrington, Cheshire uk.....?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: