elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...

Go down 
+9
TamedLamia
Jonny
ChrissyBoy
fadeupyoursmile
chan
Dabamash
bluefield
Dikky
Leo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 22:04

Personally, i don't thin such a thing as purists exists... its not about right or wrong its about being true to yourself and trying to be something fresh...
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 11:38

Sarah wrote:
Well, i don't listen to radio 1 or watch music tv much any more, so i avoid as much as possible!

thats a smart move I don't blame you
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 18:17

I know Guy likes her music. He even did a small interview with her and she sounded quite ok.
According to the press she gets he said "leave the girl alone"
Still I am not too sure about her. I found her voice some boring and that 60ies-Retro is not that much my cup of tea (if Retro I prever early 70ies)
I don't like how she ruins herself with all those drug and alcohol stuff. Man, she is still so young!! No
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2008, 21:28

TamedLamia wrote:
I don't like how she ruins herself with all those drug and alcohol stuff. Man, she is still so young!! No

You've hit the nail on the head there TL. The fact that she is so young with such an artistic temperament i.e. sensitivity to influences around her, pitched against no real support and the barrage of media interest and she hasn't got a hope of surviving without a prop - or ten. Compare with other fallen young stars such as Britney et al.

It's such a tragedy that Winehouse's sad situation fuels the tab tattle even more in a horrible self-destructive downward spiral. Move along now, nothing to see...
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2008, 15:32

Agree with Sarah's earlier comments that Amy was a great talent wasted. I saw her on tv (probably on Jools Holland) in the Frank days and was blown away by her performance even if I'm not a great fan of her style of music. I saw her at this year's Glastonbury and it was embarrassing. It's a great shame that she's turned to drugs and that the British press gives her problems so much coverage.
Back to top Go down
Robeman
little beast
little beast
Robeman

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 13:16

bluefield wrote:
she has a good voice in my opinion

Had totally forgot about her actually...I dunno, I like some of her songs..think Valerie is a wicked song and Back To Black isn't bad either. Like people are saying on here, I believe that she's just ended up in the wrong crowd. Is this the clip everyone's talking about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrspXSPwXjA Her voice here is really good, no one can disagree on that really
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 14:04

2003...was it that long ago? Even better than I remembered. Makes it even sadder to see her now.
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2008, 15:32

tbh, her voice has always been good, but she's also always had troubles, i think there was something on channel 4 that quoted her on saying, "I just wanted a voice that could make the troubles go away." and i can't believe she's been around for 5 years:O i thought that it had only been like 2 or something:P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2008, 10:22

She's no Billie Holiday that's for sure. And given that that's the artist she seems so desperate to emulate, not just with her vocal style but also her lifestyle, it seem only fair that she be held up against Lady Day for inspection. Suffice to say, Winehouse falls far short of greatness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...   Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Thoughts On Amy Winehouse...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2