elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

any musicians /songwriters around

Go down 
+6
chan
TamedLamia
fadeupyoursmile
mrswoman
Dabamash
bluefield
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

any musicians /songwriters around Empty
PostSubject: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 16:27

I do a bit here and there wondered if anyone else has the muse
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 16:41

I play piano, but my songs suck.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 18:16

There's two of us in the house who noodle around on guitar & vocals with me a bit more active on the writing side. Just in the process of getting a new band together as well.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 18:59

I love music, i love lyrics and litterature, it kills me that i have not a musical bone in my body!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul 2008, 19:21

I have a lot instruments at home but I don't play them well enough to call myself a musician. Embarassed
I had a band where I played bass and I have singing lessons with some school gigs from time to time and I would like to have more gigs singing but I would need a good piano player for that....
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul 2008, 22:14

I would. But Germany is a little too far for band practice IMO.
Back to top Go down
chan
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jul 2008, 19:10

Hi

www.myspace.com/michaelchaneyuk or https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-Chaney/7047803371 if you want to check my music out (if i can call it music). Feel free to leave comments good or bad!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michaelchaneyuk
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 14:28

Nice one i liked killing fields and Its all over ( the live version was cracking and nice that the audience listened.My space is great for musicians
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 14:53

I play drums primarily, but also guitar, bass and keyboards. I record a lot of stuff so I dabble in producing as well. I can sing a bit but my voice definitely belongs in the backing vocal category, unless I'm drunk and playing SingStar of course.

I have been in a couple of bands, Lummux and Ridder.

Currently on the look out for a new venture, but nothing exciting seems to come my way, don't want to be in an indie band anymore, they all sound the same to me. Would like to do something acoustic, or something electronic with loops, or maybe something that crosses both...
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 17:31

Its great just doing stuff , I have some stuff up www.myspace.com/bluefields01
I dont sing just write and play instruments. But currently setting up another thing called the Monkey Club which will be different to Bluefields but as yet its just a name and some ideas
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeWed 03 Sep 2008, 17:26

I play drums:) (Neighbours don't hate me enough already, y'see) I'd like to be able to sing, as i kind of explode into song at regular intervals, but i have no idea whether i can or not Razz I'd love to be in a band, but there aren't really many looking for drummers anywhere near me, which is a shame Sad
Back to top Go down
Dikky
little beast
little beast

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 08:01

I try, i need to get a band together though.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 16:44

I play drums and guitar, also clarinet and keyboards when I get my hands on 'em. Been in the band Pulkse for years (http://www.myspace.com/pulkse / http://www.pulkse.co.uk). My bandmate and I have started a new project recently though, hopefully I'll have something to show for it some time soon Smile
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 17:38

sounds great cheers for the link
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any musicians /songwriters around   any musicians /songwriters around Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any musicians /songwriters around
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: