elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Demo Cd

Go down 
+3
bluefield
Dabamash
fhiyll
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fhiyll
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-08

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 14:23

Hi, I have a copy of elbows demo cd that guy garvey gave me when he worked at the Roadhouse in Manchester.
How much does anyone think its worth?
Cheers
Smile
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 14:49

I wouldn't sell it yet. Elbow are just becoming a well known band. I would wait until they are regularly on the charts and stuff before you even consider selling. you'll get more that way.
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 14:53

i personally wouldnt sell it unless I really had to,its a nice thing to have there
Back to top Go down
SeldomSeenSimon
newborn
newborn
SeldomSeenSimon

Registration date : 2008-06-28

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2008, 19:19

I'm with the others on this. I wouldn't sell it. Unless I was on the bones of me arse n all that, it's something to keep hold of.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moultygiventofly.com
fhiyll
newborn
newborn

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 14:50

Ahh thanks for the info, however I am skint as a fooooooker, and its one of the only things i have of value!?
I have a played once demo copy of Bitersweet symphony - the verve, Liam Frost - she painted pictures and GooGooDolls - let love in, but i dont think they are worth much!

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 15:02

The Verve might, be, but I think you have missed your chance with them. If you're really that desperate y, sell it, but I suggest you wait a bit, or don't sell it at all. I agree with Bluefield tha it's quite a nice object to have. Good luck in selling it, if you decide to.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 15:36

I'll give you a fiver for it. It's the best offer you'll get.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 16:43

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 18:47

There was some signed & framed 7" copy of Forget Myself going on eBay for £40 recently just to give you an idea: Your demo should be worth a lot more, but TBH I wouldn't part with it either.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008, 10:59

When did Guy work at the Roadhouse and what did he do? I did loads of gigs at The Roadhouse, don't ever remember seeing him though I may have met him inadvertantly.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
fhiyll
newborn
newborn

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008, 17:45

It was around 1997/1998, he worked front desk! We used to play there, some woman called Natalie used to do all the gigs on a basis of we got a pound per ticket and if you got 60 people or more you got some free beer too.
Anyways, as we were from bury and he was, he used to be in a band called Soft which were a few years above us at Stand college/Holly cross so we got chatting and I promised to come and watch him play the roadhouse so we came down (abouyt 6 of us) i got in free courtesy of Guy and my 5 mates paid about £3.50 each, he said thanks for coming , here's a demo have a listen!
And ive stil got it!
Smile
And there be the story.
Back to top Go down
fhiyll
newborn
newborn

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008, 17:47

Also, we used to hang around in piccadilly records (before it moved) so we got free stuff like the Verve demo from there.
Finally, ive had an offer for my demo, but im waiting for confirmation of the offer.
If it doesnt come off , im open to other offers Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008, 18:24

fhiyll wrote:
It was around 1997/1998, he worked front desk!

That makes sense then, cos that was the time I had to live down south so I wasn't in any band at that time.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

First Demo Cd Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Demo Cd   First Demo Cd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Demo Cd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow patch-
Jump to: