elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Morning Jacket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

My Morning Jacket Empty
PostSubject: My Morning Jacket   My Morning Jacket Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2008, 14:55

Don't know if anyone 'round here likes these guys, but I love 'em. Their new disc, Evil Urges, is out in a week or so here in the States, and the songs I've heard from it so far are awesome. The title track knocks me flat out!
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

My Morning Jacket Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Morning Jacket   My Morning Jacket Icon_minitimeThu 29 May 2008, 17:31

Superb band!
Back to top Go down
JulieinTX
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-04-08

My Morning Jacket Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Morning Jacket   My Morning Jacket Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 02:11

I love My Morning Jacket. They're coming through Dallas in August and I can't wait...
Did you see them on Saturday Night Live a couple of weeks ago? Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

My Morning Jacket Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Morning Jacket   My Morning Jacket Icon_minitimeFri 30 May 2008, 12:44

JulieinTX wrote:
I love My Morning Jacket. They're coming through Dallas in August and I can't wait...
Did you see them on Saturday Night Live a couple of weeks ago? Gorgeous!

I know, they'll be in FL in August, but I'll be missing out on that one because I blew my wad on Elbow (plane ticket, hotel room) and Tom Waits ($82.50/seat, 6-hour drive with gas at $4 a gallon, hotel room)! These may be the only two shows I get to see this year but they'll be worth it!

But I did see them on SNL and you're right...they were awesome. I do so wish I could see them on this tour. I have seen 'em once, but this album is gonna be so good and I'd love to see them work these new songs out on stage.
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

My Morning Jacket Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Morning Jacket   My Morning Jacket Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2008, 15:50

I saw them at the Forum in London, Glastonbury and they are supporting???? the Black Keys in Brixton next month! They are amazing, Jim James' voice baffles me how can this man combine so many genres and get it so right!

They were playing some of the album Z before the Camden Roundhouse gigs a couple of weeks ago!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
Sponsored content

My Morning Jacket Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Morning Jacket   My Morning Jacket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Morning Jacket
Page 1 of 1