AuthorMessage
boy
little beast
little beast
boy

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-10-19

The Bones of You murmuring Empty
PostSubject: The Bones of You murmuring   The Bones of You murmuring Icon_minitimeMon 07 Apr 2014, 20:30

Always wondered what the murmuring in the instrumental of The Bones of You was? It used to be done by the strings but on the tour Guy does it, I sort of heard "And I'm freefalling" but please do correct me
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of You murmuring   The Bones of You murmuring Icon_minitimeMon 07 Apr 2014, 21:34

As far as I know it's not anything.
I think I read/heard somewhere that Guy deliberately made it 'nonsense' but I am open to correction.
Anyone?
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of You murmuring   The Bones of You murmuring Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014, 18:47

I'm 99% sure Guy said it was complete nonsense on the commentary for the Abbey Road DVD as he had a hard time transcribing it for the choir.
Back to top Go down
boy
little beast
little beast
boy

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of You murmuring   The Bones of You murmuring Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014, 19:07

You know I could swear he's saying something when he does it live. I translated it the other day as "And I fart when I'm freefalling," which sounds pretty damn likely to me.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
boy
little beast
little beast
boy

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of You murmuring   The Bones of You murmuring Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jun 2014, 11:57

Bump
Guy has definitely put words to it now, and I interpret those words as "I've seen those stairs before me/did not know where they go"
Back to top Go down
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of You murmuring   The Bones of You murmuring Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2014, 00:48

Did anyone catch the iTunes gig? There's definitely some new words to the middle part now, so far as I can judge. I'm not sure they are actually the same as that last set you transcribed - something like:

(???) couldn’t find you, but I know where you were
I just couldn't love (???) you (????) you anywhere
a thousand miles behind you (????)
you know your name

I found a lot of it unintelligible but maybe I'm at a disadvantage since I'm not native to the English accent at all
Back to top Go down
rhill
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-10-05

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of You murmuring   The Bones of You murmuring Icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 06:00

Aug 2011 Reading Festival video has the camera on a girl in the choir for a couple seconds.  You can read her lips and it looks like I "I fall and I find I'm all by myself" or  "...I fall and I find all of a sudden".  I definitely hear "all of a sudden" on the Itunes show.

(@12:22)

But that doesn't jive with Abby Road.

(@2:50)

And now of course there's this, which is awesome:

(@2:59)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bones of You murmuring   The Bones of You murmuring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bones of You murmuring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow music-
Jump to: