elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow Live on 6Music this morning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Empty
PostSubject: Elbow Live on 6Music this morning   Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Icon_minitimeFri 28 Feb 2014, 16:15

listen here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03w7tb0

they were on with lauren laverne, im told they played some un-heard new stuff... along with Jimi from Doves according the the website...

Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live on 6Music this morning   Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Icon_minitimeFri 28 Feb 2014, 17:04

Skip to 02:09 - there are five songs...

1) Fly Boy Blue/Lunette
2) Charge
3) Lippy Kids
4) Real Life (Angel)
5) New York Morning

Charge is unchanged from the arena tour... Real Life (Angel) is glorious on first listen...
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live on 6Music this morning   Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2014, 06:33

It was so nice to hear them live. I really do like Charge. I wish I could see them in the UK, but at least I have two shows in May to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live on 6Music this morning   Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2014, 08:55

AyannaD wrote:
It was so nice to hear them live. I really do like Charge. I wish I could see them in the UK, but at least I have two shows in May to look forward to.

There's something about charge I'm unsure about, but it sounds far better on the album sampler that's just been posted...
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live on 6Music this morning   Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2014, 09:40

I was able to listen to this earlier and now that I'm attempting to record it, it refuses to work for me. If anyone has the capacity to record this and upload it, it would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live on 6Music this morning   Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2014, 11:13

ukkonen wrote:
I was able to listen to this earlier and now that I'm attempting to record it, it refuses to work for me. If anyone has the capacity to record this and upload it, it would be greatly appreciated.

There used to be an app for getting iPlayer onto MP3 but it got pulled about 6 months ago...
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live on 6Music this morning   Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2014, 11:33

errant wrote:
ukkonen wrote:

There used to be an app for getting iPlayer onto MP3 but it got pulled about 6 months ago...

Yeah, I came across that while struggling to figure out why it refused to play for me a second time. Shame that they pulled the plug six months too soon. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live on 6Music this morning   Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Icon_minitimeSat 01 Mar 2014, 23:53

ukkonen wrote:
errant wrote:
ukkonen wrote:

Yeah, I came across that while struggling to figure out why it refused to play for me a second time. Shame that they pulled the plug six months too soon. Very Happy 

Maybes some geniuses will pop them onto YouTube, which makes our life easier...
Back to top Go down
boy
little beast
little beast
boy

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live on 6Music this morning   Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Icon_minitimeSun 02 Mar 2014, 15:49

errant wrote:
AyannaD wrote:

There's something about charge I'm unsure about, but it sounds far better on the album sampler that's just been posted...
Listening to Charge live on this link it just seemed to sound a bit empty. On the album sampler it sounds big and amazing, but I think it was the drums here that let it down (though I'm a drummer so naturally my ear was particularly pricked for them.)

Also, the first violin solo (if you will), with the short strikes, made me go, "Oh no..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Live on 6Music this morning   Elbow Live on 6Music this morning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow Live on 6Music this morning
Page 1 of 1