elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frightened Rabbit.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Panja
newborn
newborn
Panja

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-11-20

Frightened Rabbit. Empty
PostSubject: Frightened Rabbit.   Frightened Rabbit. Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jan 2014, 14:55

Scottish band from Selkirk, not doing well over here but enjoying a bit of success in the States.

They have four albums out, I've only just bought the fourth so can't comment on it yet but for those looking for a new sound check their back catalogue out.

The Winter Of Mixed Drinks
The Midnight Organ.

Two very good long players.

And while I'm gassing about new music, anyone heard of The Weeks? Now they are superb. Dear Bo Jackson is quite possibly the album of 2013..
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Frightened Rabbit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit.   Frightened Rabbit. Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jan 2014, 21:14

Seeing as I HAVE listened to the fourth one, allow me to comment on it for you. I think "Pedestrian Verse" is the best one they've done so far, and it was a favorite 2013 album for me. ^_^

I will say that Scott Hutchison's voice took a bit of time to grow on me. It may very well be that way for others. If you find you don't like it right away, just give it a bit of time to grow on you. It's worth it. Smile
Back to top Go down

Frightened Rabbit.
Page 1 of 1