elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exhibition in Salford.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alastairprice
newborn
newborn
alastairprice

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-04-25

Exhibition in Salford. Empty
PostSubject: Exhibition in Salford.   Exhibition in Salford. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 14:02

I wanted to let everyone know about my partner Caroline Johnson's exhibition 'There's a Rainbow in the Road', at Salford Museum and Art Gallery. as it contains some unique Elbow related stuff.

Last October the nice people at Blueprint Studios allowed Caroline to spend a week drawing around the studio, and suggested she might like to work up in the 'Big Room' where Elbow rehearse and record. ( I'm sure you know it from the video for 'Lippy Kids' ) Of course she leapt at the chance, ( who wouldn't ? ) being a big fan.

Some of the band were in and out recording, and even apologised for disturbing her! She came away with a series of drawings and paintings- which are now on show as part of her exhibition ( alongside other work relating to Manchester, Salford its architecture and musical locations ) She then decided to collaborate with a printer friend, and the results are a very limited edition set of four prints,( made with kind permission from elbow's management ) from the drawings of the band's equipment and the room, in a special lp sized box, and entitled 'The Blueprint Sessions'. These are also in the show, and they are all for sale.

The exhibition is on until July 7th 2013. If you can't get to the show, here's a link to the prints on the printer's web site, and another link to Caroline's work on flickr.

blueprint session prints

caroline johnson

Back to top Go down
alastairprice
newborn
newborn
alastairprice

PostSubject: Re: Exhibition in Salford.   Exhibition in Salford. Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 14:15

Exhibition in Salford. Bluepr13
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Exhibition in Salford.   Exhibition in Salford. Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2013, 19:50

Looks fab!
And how exciting to be working in the Big Room!!!
I'm in Ireland and no plans to come over anytime soon but the very best of luck with the exhibition.
The work really looks amazing. Well done!
Back to top Go down
alastairprice
newborn
newborn
alastairprice

PostSubject: Re: Exhibition in Salford.   Exhibition in Salford. Icon_minitimeThu 23 May 2013, 06:02

Thanks for the feedback, Jones. I'll pass it on. I know I'm biased but the exhibition is well worth a look for anyone near enough, and for those of you who feel like investing in some decent art and a nice souvenir of the band at work in the studio the prints are really lovely. Have a look at her new we site too - www.carolinejohnson.org
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhibition in Salford.   Exhibition in Salford. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhibition in Salford.
Page 1 of 1