elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!

Go down 
+4
negative8ball
hilaryg
Icen
errant
8 posters
AuthorMessage
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Empty
PostSubject: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012, 15:29

at last...

@Elbow: Elbow announce the b-side collection 'Dead In The Boot'. Out Monday 27th August on CD, vinyl + download. Pre-order here http://t.co/WgF79WOy

That only took 7 years! i heard about this on the old powderblue forum when V2 said they'd put it out...
Back to top Go down
Icen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2012, 17:17

Brilliant, some of their very best material.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 00:04

Here's hoping that means some older material becomes more "popular" and sneaks back onto live setlsts. Mccgreggor would be good to hear live again.
Back to top Go down
negative8ball
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 03:56

Love that it's getting a nice vinyl pressing, too - often these sorts of things are CD/download only, so I'm glad the band and label are treating this as a "proper" release... they need to do a b-sides gig (like Blur did all those years ago) - but record the whole thing for release...

(We can dream, no?)
Back to top Go down
JessieAddick
little beast
little beast
JessieAddick

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 13:33

Anyone else feel a little bit disappointed about the track list?I have all their singles of the AITB era on CD and just can't believe they have left out (in my opinion) their best B-side 'About Time'...Their singles after the AITB album are all quite hard to find now or very expensive and I'd always been hoping for a somewhat complete B-side collection CD.But this one just seems far from it...In fact I think almost all their B-sides from the AITB era should have been on this collection. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/jessieron
JessieAddick
little beast
little beast
JessieAddick

PostSubject: Re: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2012, 13:41

'Loss',the B-side of Fallen Angel should've been on there as well I think,since it's probably the most special Elbow song ever -- Craig sings the lead vocals Laughing
Back to top Go down
Niftium
little beast
little beast

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 00:44

JessieAddick wrote:
'Loss',the B-side of Fallen Angel should've been on there as well I think,since it's probably the most special Elbow song ever -- Craig sings the lead vocals Laughing

It's "About Time" someone else called for this...

I'm glad I'm somewhere that other people will get that joke.
Back to top Go down
JessieAddick
little beast
little beast
JessieAddick

PostSubject: Re: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 10:32

Yeah.I'm surprised that the song has rarely been mentioned.It sounds better than Whisper Grass I think.
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 11:03

I received notification from HMV this morning -- Dead in the Boot is on its way across the Pond! Not long now. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2012, 10:22

This is already my Autumn soundtrack, its got quite a nice feel with the tracks all together.
Love It already I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!   Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Das Boot becomes Dead In the Boot, at last!
Page 1 of 1