elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my rather strange plan...

Go down 
+2
MagicalTrevor
flippie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
flippie
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-05-14

my rather strange plan... Empty
PostSubject: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2012, 12:45

Hello everyone!

I have a rather strange plan in my head...my girlfriend and I are getting married in september 2012 (which is NOT the strange plan Surprised ). We are both huge Belgian Elbow-fans and we know they are playing at Rock Werchter (Belgium) on the 28th june. Unfortunately we can't be there...that's what my girlfriend thinks! My strange plan was : getting a very short video-message of Guy Garvey or - even better - the whole group congratulating my wife, taped before, during or after Rock Werchter. It would be so nice if I could show my future wife this video-message at the wedding party on a big screen...
So to be short : is there anyone who could help me getting in contact with the Elbow-management? You would make my wedding even more perfect!!!

Thanks a lot for every reaction whatsoever!!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2012, 13:08

Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
flippie
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2012, 13:17

ok, thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2012, 15:00

I always tell friends of mine they should organize an Elbow gig for my birthday. NEVER happened. Very Happy
I wish you luck. Keep us informed!
Back to top Go down
flippie
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 17:31

Elbowfreak, thanks for wishing me luck ;-)
I will keep you informed, whatever happens!!!
Back to top Go down
flippie
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2012, 06:33

I'm about to fail... I tried every possible way I could think of, but...no success No
You Elbow-friends are my last hope!!
Is there anyone who could help me out? Every tiny little bit of help is so welcome!!!

thanks!!
flippie
Back to top Go down
Molly
fallen angel
fallen angel
Molly

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-05-25

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2012, 15:08

I don't know if you have already tried this but you could try contacting members of the band on twitter ... Good Luck Smile
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2012, 15:22

Well, that's the difference.
We are Elbow fans, not friends...

Only chance I see is getting in touch with them after a concert. Wait for them with a camera and ask...
Back to top Go down
flippie
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2012, 18:00

ok! Thanks to the both of you :-)
I'll try Twitter, but the concert is a bit of a problem...they only visit Belgium on the 28th of june, at the very well organised Rock Werchter... I tried that way too, but no way of getting in or even close...
So maybe, if I can find out their hotel ...
but anyway, thanks a lot!!!

grtz,
Flippie
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2012, 19:22

No offense, but finding their hotel would come off as stalkerish. I think we as fans need to give the Elboys the respect of personal space. It's really sweet that you wanted to do this for your girl, though. More men should be like that. Good luck with everything! Smile
Back to top Go down
flippie
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2012, 20:41

yeah, you're right...I shouldn't do that...It's just that I want to give it to her so much Very Happy
I'll keep trying in a decent way though Wink
thx for wishing me luck!!
Back to top Go down
flippie
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 14:02

I promised to keep you informed...
It didn't work out :-(
I really tried every possible way, and only last monday I got my first reaction. The Belgian radio station Studio Brussel answered my tweet, and the very nice dj Kirsten Lemaire contacted the recordlabel of Elbow. The answer from the label : sorry, but no...Elbow is honoured that we use "One day like this" as our first dance and they wish us a great day :-)
Thanks to you all for helping me out, the wedding still will be beautiful!!

grtz,
Flippie
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 19:11

Hey Flippie...
Hmmmm, although the news aren't great, you got an answer. I know that's not a huge help but there are fans who wait for ages for an answer or reply of our Elboys...

Btw. Are you at Rock Werchter? Watching Elbow?
Back to top Go down
flippie
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 13:32

I did "watch" them yesterday, from the outside Smile
we didn't have tickets, because Werchter was the place were I intended to shoot the video...and when I had tickets, my girlfriend would be with me and there would be no chance to meet them Wink
It was a short gig, but amazing as ever !! The crowd was amazed as well, I could hear that Smile

maybe tomorrow, when they are playing at Rock in Park in Holland, we go there with our kids Wink
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012, 15:20

Sounds like fun to me. Smile
Keep your eyes open. Guy likes to wander around... Maybe you're lucky. Fingers crossed!
And have fun!
Back to top Go down
Carl0sAlbert0
fallen angel
fallen angel
Carl0sAlbert0

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 18:42

It's good that you managed to get a reply from the record label, even if it was via a DJ! Their gig at Vorst National in Brussels coincided with my girlfriend and I'd 1st anniversary, so we booked a trip and caught them live. I was debating trying to get Guy to dedicate Mirrorball to her, but I decided to leave it as I didn't think I'd have much chance getting a reply!
Back to top Go down
flippie
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 17:43

It was indeed nice to get a reply. I do understand that the Elboys refused, I'm probably not the only one with that kind of question.
On the other hand, you can only win if you try Very Happy
I've told my girlfriend about my plan and she was delighted! Anyway, we are going to have a great wedding party and we will always love Elbow!!
Btw, I can see you live near Manchester, so who knows, one day, in a pub, on the corner of the street, Guy will be sitting next to the both of you Beer
I don't think he will visit my pub soon Razz
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 17:58

If at any point he's near a pub that you are in, I think there's a good chance he'd go in there.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Carl0sAlbert0
fallen angel
fallen angel
Carl0sAlbert0

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 18:02

I had a chance to meet Guy briefly last year at the Everything Everything Man Alive Ensemble in Manchester. Annoyingly I didn't ask for a photo, just had a quick chat. What a lovely guy (pun fully intended!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my rather strange plan...   my rather strange plan... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my rather strange plan...
Page 1 of 1