elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme

Go down 
+14
ChrissieInFL
TamedLamia
seamiedev
Icen
Open arms
ChrissyBoy
suered
allyngibson
emma
ElbowFreak
Mr Woman
JessieAddick
My Bury Vest
errant
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Open arms
little beast
little beast
Open arms

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 12:10

I don't find those bad comments, does someone have a link ?

EDIT : OK ! Found and read, but not touched at all, just surprised to see they have haters, but well they just don't know what Elbow can really do, they probably just know one or 2 songs, or are jealous, don't worry about this bastards, they will be really surprised to hear what Elbow will do for the Olympics, they will shut their mouths. Wink

And don't worry for the Elboys and bad comments, it's the same for all artists, they have lovers and haters, but they all don't care about haters because they know it's often jealousy or free wickedness, they have their fans supporting them, and they are strong people Wink
Back to top Go down
http://simpsonvips.canalblog.com/
JessieAddick
little beast
little beast
JessieAddick

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 12:39

Lucile,here's the link -
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/nov/24/bbc-olympics-coverage-gets-elbow
I simply can't stand reading those comments and have decided to stop reading them.Yes you're right.We all love and support the boys' work,which matters the most.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/jessieron
Open arms
little beast
little beast
Open arms

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 12:10

Yes those comments hurt when you know how sweets those blokes are. Just don't read them if it hurts you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://simpsonvips.canalblog.com/
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011, 18:42

Well, that's not easy to do when you stumble over it when googleing for Elbownews... Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011, 16:04

This was great news. So pleased for the Elboys, and very curious to hear the results. If any band can handle the global epicness of the Olympics, it's Elbow!
Back to top Go down
Bennington
fallen angel
fallen angel
Bennington

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jan 2012, 19:11

Well, The Olympics have suddenly got more interesting for me!

Yet i cant get over the hate on the guardian website. Why are they suddenly so despised? is it cause they've suddenly become successful?

Elbow is a pretty spot on choice, I cant think of any other band or singer to do better. BBC could have easily gone for Coldplay or even worse JLS or LMFAO!
Back to top Go down
http://thexilexile.co.nr
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jan 2012, 18:39

Bennington wrote:

Yet i cant get over the hate on the guardian website. Why are they suddenly so despised? is it cause they've suddenly become successful?

you've just answered your own question... Crying or Very sad

the internet both gives & takes with the same hand... see coldplay, kings of leon et al...
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012, 02:58

Sorry to be late to this particular party - but the grauniad music section is full of pretentious music snobs who like to comment on articles. They read like sixth-formers trying to sound clever and implying they are better than anyone else because of the music they listen to, and haven't grown up enough to realise that it's ok to like lots of different types of music.

Bunch of wankers, they do it to lots of bands, but for some reason any mention of elbow brings them out in force. Ironically, for people who claim to have a superior and discerning taste in music, it's obvious most of the "haters" have only heard One Day Like This on the tv/radio and not listened to any albums. So open minded their brains have fallen out, obviously.

The arguments usually degenerate into a slanging match between the snobs and the everyone else telling them to get over themselves. Smile
Back to top Go down
Icen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jan 2012, 10:24

What's to hate about Elbow...?

If you have to hate something, I could think of a long list of people, organisations and things that are more deserving of peoples anger than Elbow......

and Guardian readers as well....!?!?!?!?!

Very weird.
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012, 16:28

Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012, 17:13

When are we going to get to hear this???
Loads of people keep asking me if bl**dy MARK RONSON got this gig instead! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 17:53

HattyMarris wrote:
Nice interview here from Guy with the Independant giving some details about the song

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/elbows-guy-garvey-how-i-found-inspiration-for-the-bbcs-official-olympics-theme-7544627.html

I saw this the other day myself, Hatty, and it just makes me wish I could hear it even more. Sounds like it could be epic! And I love the way he came upon the idea of "First Steps" - brilliant. Smile
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 23:08

ChrissieInFL wrote:
HattyMarris wrote:
Nice interview here from Guy with the Independant giving some details about the song

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/elbows-guy-garvey-how-i-found-inspiration-for-the-bbcs-official-olympics-theme-7544627.html

I saw this the other day myself, Hatty, and it just makes me wish I could hear it even more. Sounds like it could be epic! And I love the way he came upon the idea of "First Steps" - brilliant. Smile

I agree, it was a great story, hopefully it wont be too long now until we get to hear what it sounds like
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme   Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow compose BBC's Olympic theme
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2