elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Stone Roses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct 2011, 15:39

Well, I reckon that those that aren't into the Roses will be utterly fed up with all the press coverage that's blown up in the 5 days. Any fans on these boards ?

I must confess that I got into them long after their debut and probably nearer to their second album - Madchester for me was all about Inspiral Carpets and James and some of the lesser bands like Man From Del Monte, Paris Angels, Northside etc.

Since then though I've danced to all the songs in all the roughest clubs and really connected with the songs that's made them, in my opinion, a national (?) institution.

I was a fan of 'Second Coming' aswell - 'Tears' 'Begging You' '10 Storey Love Song' etc.....

When I heard about the possible reformation I was very cagey about attending, assumed Reni wouldn't be part of it all, but saw the press conference, weighed it up and realise that the reasons and story behind it all seemed genuine - and that if I dug my heels in come Friday morning, come June I'd be regretting it (Heaton Park is a 5 min drive from my house aswell) - so I'm gonna try and get tickets.

Be really intriguing to hear any new stuff aswell but for me it's all about 'Mersey Paradise' 'Where Angels Play' and the like - to hear them live, even with pints of piss whizzin' past my earhole and the notoriously poor sound there, should be a thing of absolute beauty.

Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 09:08

Got four from Seetickets.....although I've not got my confirmation email yet.....I've been here before

Mixed feelings about them really......a fantastic debut album though.

Will be going with my son. They are his favourite band ever. He was too young to see them first time around, although laying in his cot listening to them may have had a subliminal impact on his music taste as he grew up. Smile
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 10:59

Got 4 for the Saturday mate - pretty bonkers, people I know who went to Spike Island and Blackpool missed out today.

Gigs and Tours managed to behave for my mate Project571.

Predictably ebay is awash with tickets.....
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 14:10

I was more interested in the rave scene that was going around at the time of the Roses, even though I was too young to attend any.
I do remember buying Fools Gold on 7" from Woolies and thinking that it was one of the most amazing songs ever!

Got two tickets for the Saturday also.
Wasnt going to go, but seemed to get a bit carried away with the hype and all my mates banging on about it. However I would glady swap them for tow tickets to see ELbow next week.
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 22:24

Got 2 for Friday but the site crashed and I didn't think I'd got them so went on a different site and got 4 for Sunday. Later that day I got 2 confirmation e-mails so I'm going twice.

First saw them was in 1988 at a club in Chester a day after my 17th birthday. Didn't have a clue who they were. Less than 12 months later I was at Blackpool for the legendary Empress Ballroom gig. Last time I saw them was 2 days before Xmas in 1995 at Manchester Apollo. I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 11:59

This is quite funny, particularly if you saw last week's press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mNB234cx4
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 13:12

sparky wrote:
This is quite funny, particularly if you saw last week's press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mNB234cx4

Ha ha ha ha ha. Love it. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Stone Roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stone Roses   The Stone Roses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stone Roses
Page 1 of 1