elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance Empty
PostSubject: Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance   Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 03:22

So the unofficial Elbow facebook group suddenly disappeared a few months ago. I was distressed about it initially but after some research I discovered that a lot of other people had had the same problem and the Facebook team reported being aware of the situation. I assumed that it was probably temporary and that the group would be restored soon - but that wasn't the case. Three months, and countless facebook complaint reports later and the group is still missing...

I know that since the establishment of the official Elbow facebook page, the unofficial group hasn't really been used quite as frequently but it still did have photos and discussions being posted fairly regularly, especially during the UK tour. I just don't understand why it would be deleted without warning. There are still other small Elbow groups that show up when you search "Elbow" on facebook that haven't been deleted.

Basically, I'm not sure what to do and I can't find any method to contact facebook other than through the "Groups bug report" form (which I've submitted multiple times over the past 3 months with no reply). I could start it again from scratch in the worst scenario, but what if the same thing happens again without warning? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance   Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 12:32

Damn that sucks!

Not sure what you can do about that Emma. Facebook has it's issues that's for sure, and they seem quite ignorant of calls for support, prob cos it's a free service...

Maybe it's time to see if Google+ has anything?
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance   Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance Icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 13:46

Yeah I just wish they had at least sent a message about it first, or given any form of a warning...
Quote :
Maybe it's time to see if Google+ has anything?
Hmmm that's an idea - I've only just recently made an account but I should definitely consider that as an option. I don't think it's worth investing in Facebook again after this whole issue Neutral
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance   Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance Icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 17:46

sorry to hear, facebook is a funny beast at times... things just seem to come and go
and every time they update it seems to cause issues.

Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance   Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 02:08

Maybe your group got archived. That's the only thing I can think of that might have happened.
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance   Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 13:47

I've noticed a number of groups that have the Old Group Archiving notice at the top of the page - but Facebook seems to indicate that those groups will still exist...? I can't remember the exact wording and the notice has changed slightly now that I'm looking at it again - but you can select to "continue to be a member". I'm just surprised they haven't provided an option to convert to the new format instead of having it permanently archived or deleted (without notice in the case of the Elbow group).

Maybe the group will reappear in the new format at some point, but I'm not holding my breath...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance   Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow (unofficial) facebook group disappearance
Page 1 of 1