elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011

Go down 
+34
Sapphie
errant
Icen
ChrissyBoy
Paulblibs
MagicalTrevor
LongLegs
OllieCT
heshofcheese
elbowismymuse
allyngibson
hilaryg
Seldom Seen Sid
Joost
emma
vestan pance
lucky with disease
newborn
Lynne
Minerva69
Lillybef
Kim
blumoon
girl afraid
ScotsAl
oneofthethree
fadeupyoursmile
Jones
mrswoman
Cestriansteve
ticky
@MrIanGibson
Mr Woman
My Bury Vest
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 22:19

I would love to see a bit more CoT on the setlist, but i definitely think it's the bands least favorite album, who knows what memories the songs bring up, i know it can be emotive to listen to a song from a particular point of your life, let alone sing it!
Switching off was played at Bristol on the SSK tour, and i totally understand newer albums getting precedence and no one setlist will ever please everyone, it's nice to see some older tracks getting an airing!
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 23:21

Had an e-mail from elbow.com today saying that you can watch the whole gig on the red button until thursday. Well you can't. The bloody BBC have hacked it up, left some songs out, put the songs in a different order and inserted the trip around Manchester with Jo Whiley. Gutted.
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 23:26

Cestrian Saint wrote:
Had an e-mail from elbow.com today saying that you can watch the whole gig on the red button until thursday. Well you can't. The bloody BBC have hacked it up, left some songs out, put the songs in a different order and inserted the trip around Manchester with Jo Whiley. Gutted.

PSSST! ....have a look at the Scattered FLAC And Sights....Mrs Woman might just have a bit of what yer after...!
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 00:03

heshofcheese wrote:
Cestrian Saint wrote:

PSSST! ....have a look at the Scattered FLAC And Sights....Mrs Woman might just have a bit of what yer after...!

Thanks for that. I got her to send it to me over the weekend. It's great for watching on my PC but I want to burn it to a DVD. This involves converting the file format so that it will play back on a DVD player. However, when I've done the conversion and ripped it to a DVD it won't play on any player. Very frustrating!
I'm hoping some kind soul recorded it to DVD and can do me a copy. I had it recorded onto my PVR and accidentally deleted in last friday. :-( It's the full show I'm after rather than the hacked up version which is now on the red button.

Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 02:33

Did you use Handbrake? that usually works.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 08:05

Cestrian Saint wrote:

just watching the bbc red button edit of the manchester gig from last week... couple of tracks with the jo wiley interview interleaved...

when they're at blueprint studio's and jo asks them about the seminal glasto picture on the wall... is that 2002 on the other stage?
Back to top Go down
Sapphie
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 13:40

Never seen or listened to Elbow before this. Guy seems an unlikely looking 'rock star' but I really enjoyed this concert.

Lee
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 18:07

MagicalTrevor wrote:

Handbrake will only convert to MKV or MP4, neither of which will play on my DVD player. :-(
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 18:46

There's plenty other software out there that will convert a .flv to .mpg, or author to DVD/.vob - just depends what you've already got or what your budget is.

Mid-priced ones from companies like AVS4com & Roxio do a decent job without losing sync. Super's free, but you need to feel comfortable about setting up your project.

Commercial plug & techie break over.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 09:10

Cestrian Saint wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:

Handbrake will only convert to MKV or MP4, neither of which will play on my DVD player. :-(

i've used "dvd santa" before... not sure what it will or won't convert, but i never had any bother with it... google it...
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 12:34

mrswoman wrote:
There's plenty other software out there that will convert a .flv to .mpg, or author to DVD/.vob - just depends what you've already got or what your budget is.

Mid-priced ones from companies like AVS4com & Roxio do a decent job without losing sync. Super's free, but you need to feel comfortable about setting up your project.

Commercial plug & techie break over.

I've cracked it. Thanks for all the advice. I used a piece of freeware called 'DVD video soft free studio'. It worked a treat. A bit slow but it got there in the end.

:-)
Back to top Go down
Sapphie
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 21:37

A mesmerising concert with many magic moments including the group huddle for Weather to Fly, a beautiful song. And, the look of sheer enchantment and wonderment on the faces of the string section says it all.

Lee
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 16:25

Lovely concert! :-) (Again - how about a DVD??!!)

I had such a laugh on "weather to fly". Fast happy B-day and they didn't throw away the shot glasses. *LOL* Kids might be watching! Very Happy
Wonder if Lindsey filled it to the line this time.
Back to top Go down
stonepony
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 18:49

You don't know me but my best mate Len is the guy who got you into the Cathedral gig the other week.

I now have an offer to make you but for some reason cannot pm you. The site just won't let me.

I have a spare ticket for Little Noise Sessions on Tuesday in Hackney. Interested?

I am travelling down on the train on Tuesday and can either meet you there or travel with you.

Let me have your thoughts should you by any luck read this.

Dave

Cestrian Saint wrote:
I believe the term 'Doing A Cestrian' is to be included in the next edition of the OED. Maybe that's a cue to call it a day? I've done more than my fair share of blags recently. Perhaps it's time I passed to baton on to somebody else. ;-)
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 18:56

The site does not allow PMing until a certain number of posts have been made, this is to stop spamming.

MT
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
stonepony
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 19:04

MagicalTrevor wrote:
The site does not allow PMing until a certain number of posts have been made, this is to stop spamming.

MT

Hi MagicalTrevor,

Thanks for the post on the forum as to why I cannot send a private message.
Makes sense in this day of spam.
How many posts do I need to make to do so?

I am trying to contact Cestrian Saint to offer him a ticket to Tuesdays
Little Noise Session. Can you help me by contacting him for me and giving
him my email address as I don't want to waste the ticket and he seemed a
genuine Elbow fan when he stood in the rain outside the cathedral without a
ticket the other week.

Thanks for any help you can offer in contacting him.

Regards

Dave Metcalfe
Back to top Go down
stonepony
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 19:14

Hi

New member but old Elbow fan (in both forum and age way!!).

I have one spare ticket to Tuesdays Little Noise Session.

Going down from Manchester on train so could meet up with any interested party down there or up here before travelling Tuesday morning.

Was lucky enough to get into the Cathedral show last month and have spent the last three weeks watching my bald head front and centre over and over again. I even got a close up on Grounds and Station Approach (scary for all apart from me).

Anyway if the gig on Tuesday is even half the gig the Cathedral was I'll be happy.

If you are interested please pm me.

Cheers

Dave
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 20:20

Hey Dave, that's a really kind offer. Unfortunately I've had to give the Little Noise gig a miss and have given my tickets to my cousin in London. I'm so gutted to be missing the show but work commitments have made it impossible for me to attend this show.

Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 20:55

Reading all this I would love to live in the UK!
I had to wait three years seeing them again, and you have the chance to see them once or twice a year. I envy you...
Back to top Go down
alanguy
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 17:51

Lucky enough to see them at Leeds Festival this year along with the mighty Muse. Looking forward to the next tour.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 10:15

stonepony - If you still have that spare, someone on the Little Noise thread was looking for one very recently. Smile
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 22:21

lucky with disease wrote:
There are plenty of tout tickets still available to see them next in the UK... in a beautiful church in london instead, with Jo Whiley from the BBC too!
80 tickets on Seatwave, 110 on Viagogo, 18 on Ebay, 68 on Getmein, though the advertised Ticketmaster 'sold out' at 9am on the day they went on sale. So take your pick of the tout sites...all you need now is lots of money ...so that counts me out Smile .
Heres hoping the touts give even a small percentage to the Mencap Charity of their personal profit from fans who continue to buy secondary tickets from these tout condoning sites.

More exposure of the touts in bed with the music promoters.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/4od#3278384

The Great Ticket Scandal on channel 4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20120224_tickets.shtml

Are music fans being ripped off?

We get the reaction from two different sides of the ticketing scandal story
24/02/12
Adrian Larkin

An investigation by Channel 4’s Dispatches last night claimed that gigs for bands were being allocated by promoters to the site where fans think they are buying from other fans.

Going undercover journalists secretly filmed workers at Viagogo, one of the UK’s biggest ticket re-selling sites.

It is alleged that staff at the website compete directly with real fans to snap up tickets from ‘primary’ ticket sellers like Ticketmaster as soon as they are up for sale.

An application for an injunction was brought by Viagogo on the grounds of 'breach of confidence' and it was dismissed on all counts at the High Court.

Listen below to two interviews as Adrian Larkin gets reaction from Ed Parkinson, Director at Viagogo UK and MP Sharon Hodgson.

Will the Government listen as Sharon Hodgson MP campaigns for a private members bill to put a cap on the amount tickets can be sold for?.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
thorskywalker
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul 2013, 08:12

Hello friends,

Just registered and very happy to be a part of a community of Elbow fans..
I first heard them 2 years ago and believe Elbow is the most underrated band on this planet! Smile

I am desperately looking for the DVD of the Manchester Cathedral concert and I was wondering does BBC have any plans to officially release it? The full concert on Youtube is pretty low-res.. Has anyone here have a better version, which I can download?

May the force be with you all! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011    Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow live at Manchester Cathedral - Oct 27 2011
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: