elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Children In Need Rocks

Go down 
+3
My Bury Vest
Mr Woman
Cestriansteve
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Children In Need Rocks Empty
PostSubject: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 09:48

Elbow are to appear at the 'Children In Need Rocks' gig at the Manchester MEN Arena on Thursday November 17th. It's only a two hour show featuring loads of other bands so I guess the set will only be a couple of songs, but it's an opportunity for hardcore fans to see their favourite band in their home town and help raise some money for a great charity.
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 11:07

And here's the line-up...

LINK

Personally, not sure I could cope.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 11:13

Fearne Cotton and Chris Moyles asking us to 'make some noise' for all the starving people of the world, lovely.

Look at the prices !

Tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday 16 September and are priced £95, £85, £75, £65 and £55. Please visit www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey for full details and ways to get involved in this year's appeal.
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 11:27

Got really excited when i heard that they were doing this, but on seeing the prices, Im not too sure that I can justify paying £55 at least (before booking fees and the like), just for maybe a couple of songs(even though its for a brilliant charity).......and having to endure NDubz and JLS!
But im seeing Friendly Fires the same night, so cant go.

Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 16:53

Ah I just got all excited as that came through on my feed as an Elbow only gig, oh well!
Thanks for the info, I would not cope!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 20:51

Erm no.
Gonna skip this one... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 21:23

Given that Elbow's set will only be short I've decided I'd rather donate the price of a ticket to the charity than have to listen to the likes of Chris Moyles and Fearne Cotton. Maybe I should set up a fund raiser where people donate money for CM & FC not to appear? I'd pay a huge amount to never have to listen to those two idiots. Who on earth decided that it was a good idea to employ DJ's who are only interested in self promotion & have no real interest in music?
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 18:07

Oof, that's steep.

I was wavering about whether to try for tickets or not, given that I'm desperately low on holiday to take from work, but the ticket price decided it for me.

EDIT: Mind you, I did donate £100 to the Teenage Cancer Trust as part of a prize draw (£10 per entry) to win choir seats for Muse at Royal Albert Hall... and worth every penny it was, getting to ogle Matt Bellamy's rear end the entire night. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 15:08

Got a friend who booked 4 of the cheapest tickets for this gig. The tickets are VAT exempt but the ticket fees are not. She paid £8 per ticket in aditional fees. They should be made to donate every penny of that £32 to charity.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 21:39

Wow. That seems steep.
Charity gig, eh? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children In Need Rocks   Children In Need Rocks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children In Need Rocks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: