elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time

Go down 
+3
pookie
skazzochnizza
blumoon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
blumoon
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Empty
PostSubject: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 19:46

Just in the door and have noticed a post on Facebook saying the lads are on a stream tonight at 9pm link below. Gutted I've only seen it so too late for a real heads up sorry Sad
http://lowlands.vpro.nl/2011/
Back to top Go down
skazzochnizza
fallen angel
fallen angel
skazzochnizza

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 23:42

Smashing perfomance! It blew my mind away! Audience went crazy it was SO great! I wish I were there among them.

Who else was wathcing?

P.s.
And did anyone recorded this set? I'd love to see it again * and again then and many many times after that Laughing *
Back to top Go down
pookie
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 13:37

I was there, they we're great

Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time P1030311[img]
Back to top Go down
Nancy
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 17:56

Wow that was a fantastic show and the people were so enthusiastic!
A short note of criticism though: Guy has to be carefull not to 'overdo' it: asking people to raise their hands every song or asking 5 times if they're ok. It's nice for a couple of times, but overdoing it becomes annoying...( a criticism also mentioned in a couple of reviews). That being said I enjoyed every minute of that show Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
skazzochnizza
fallen angel
fallen angel
skazzochnizza

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 18:18

pookie wrote:
I was there, they we're great

Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time P1030311[img]

wow, cool! Lowlands rocks! Cool
Back to top Go down
skazzochnizza
fallen angel
fallen angel
skazzochnizza

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 18:20

Nancy wrote:
A short note of criticism though: Guy has to be carefull not to 'overdo' it: asking people to raise their hands every song or asking 5 times if they're ok. It's nice for a couple of times, but overdoing it becomes annoying...( a criticism also mentioned in a couple of reviews). That being said I enjoyed every minute of that show Thumbs Up!

I completely agree with you. As Guy said at Glasto "I'm drunk on power". yeah, it seems so. Be careful, Garvey!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 18:55

Nancy wrote:

I absolutely agree Nancy, I was buzzin' off it watching on TV at Glastonbury, but noticed it again, not for the first time, last night - off to Belfast on Thursday, hope he doesn't 'give it the cheese' - just be yourself, tone it down a touch and we'll all be drunk off the tunes.
Back to top Go down
Nancy
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 20:58

It was very nice of them to dedicade a song for the victims of Pukkelpop and the organization. Belgian music fans are mourning and then something like this is very much appreciated...
Back to top Go down
Nancy
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 18:17

Elbow's set @ Lowlands festival is online now:

http://lowlands.vpro.nl/2011/
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 11:54

I'll settle for Guy Garvey's patter every time.

Much better than the usual rock star cliches (Good evening Glaaaastonberrayyyyyy!!!) or, at the other extreme, having to suffer those who exhibit a total failure to engage with - or even acknowledge - their audience because they're too *cool* or whatever to bother (and yes, that's you I'm pointing at, Mr Followill).

The "Is everybody ok?" is pretty much an in-joke now, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

It must be difficult engaging in the normal banter when playing in countries where a lot of the audience will have a limited understanding of English: No point wibbling on at them if they haven't got a clue what's being said.

They've earned the right to have fun and milk these big occasions, but we certainly wouldn't want elbow to get big-headed. I 'd like to think they're all much too grounded for that.

Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 14:52

Well I enjoyed that immensely.

Much better sound than at Glastonbury.

And the audience were fabulous, Guy's right, they're very beautiful people too.

Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
Nancy
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 19:27

Mr Woman wrote:
I'll settle for Guy Garvey's patter every time.

Much better than the usual rock star cliches (Good evening Glaaaastonberrayyyyyy!!!) or, at the other extreme, having to suffer those who exhibit a total failure to engage with - or even acknowledge - their audience because they're too *cool* or whatever to bother (and yes, that's you I'm pointing at, Mr Followill).

It must be difficult engaging in the normal banter when playing in countries where a lot of the audience will have a limited understanding of English: No point wibbling on at them if they haven't got a clue what's being said.

I love that banter in between songs, I have no problem with that at all - on the contrary it's fun!

I can understand that it's different playing at festivals then in venues and it's nice seeing those swaying arms when you're on stage Smile I think it's all a matter of finding the right balance... Anyway I think Guy is really great with an audience, he can really make a connection which is so important for a good show.

BTW: It's the first time I hear and see 'The Night Will Always Win' live, it's absolutely b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time   Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow live tonight 9pm UK time
Page 1 of 1