elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?

Go down 
+3
albutch
mrswoman
whoisandwhoisnt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
whoisandwhoisnt
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Madrid ticket collections  - am I being thick? Empty
PostSubject: Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?   Madrid ticket collections  - am I being thick? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 11:59

I was hoping to take my wife to the Madrid gig in November for her birthday, but am struggling to get my head around the arrangements for ticket collection

Ticketmaster states this...

Quote :
Once the purchase is complete, and at your own convenience, you can pick up your tickets at any of the following collection points: up to 72 hours* before the show (weekends, festiveness not included) in Kiosks and up to 72 hours* before the show (weekends and festiveness not included) in Ticket centres (recommended option)

- Does this mean you can't collect on a Saturday (the day of the gig) or just that weekends are not counted towards the 72 hours??

We wouldn't be arrving in Madrid until Friday night so Saturday would be the only day we could collect. Ticketmaster want 40 euros to deliver to the UK!!

Does anyone have any experience of this system?

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?   Madrid ticket collections  - am I being thick? Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jul 2011, 14:04

Sorry - don't have any prior knowledge of Ticketmaster for gigs in Spain, but looking on the site it seems like the better-for-you options of immediate collection from box office or printing your own (other options on the site - http://www.ticketmaster.es/main/en/ver.do?pag=/info/svo_ttt_lang.html%23tabs-tienda) aren't offered for the elbow dates. What a pain! scratch

However...when you click here though, it says you do have the option of collecting at the box office at the venue (from 1 hour before doors open).

Reckon it's worth checking early on that you CAN get 'em from the Box Office via this contact form: http://www.ticketmaster.es/main/en/ver.do?pag=/ayuda/lang/

Good luck!

Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
albutch
newborn
newborn
albutch

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?   Madrid ticket collections  - am I being thick? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Aug 2011, 01:51

I was wondering the same myself... so I rummaged about on the tickmaster.es site and found this:
Quote :

How do I collect my tickets if the limited collecting period is over?

If the event has the box office collection activated:

Even though the period of 72 hours has expired, the tickets may have not been printed yet to send them to the box offices of the venue. Check this information in “Orders” from My Ticketmaster.
If the tickets appear as “Paid” it means they haven't been printed, so you can go immediately to any of our centers to collect them. Make sure to verify previously the centers where you can collect the tickets and bear in mind the opening hours. In any case, you can wait until the day of the event to collect your tickets at the premises.
Instead, a "Printed" message appearing next to the tickets means the tickets are already on their way to the venue, so that you will only be able to collect them at the box office of the venue.

If the event doesn't have the box office collection activated:

In this case, the period of 72 hours is canceled, so you'll be able to collect your tickets at our authorized centers until the moment the show starts. Don't forget to check the centers where you can collect the tickets and bear in mind the opening hours.

The option of collecting tickets from the boxoffice at the venue is not available so collection from the usual ticket offices should be possible on the Saturday, at least I hope so!

See you there!
Back to top Go down
Paulblibs
newborn
newborn
Paulblibs

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?   Madrid ticket collections  - am I being thick? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 15:30

My wife is in Spain at the mo and she just booked for Barcelona on the 20th Nov. Our spanish speaking pals booked the tickets through atrapalo.com and she has tickets in her mucky little paws already. (how many sleeps till Nov 20th?)
Back to top Go down
ScotsAl
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?   Madrid ticket collections  - am I being thick? Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 21:51

Struggling to suss out a capacity for the madrid gig. Anyone got an idea? Looking forward to it, even if Real are away that weekend - could have been a double bonus!
Back to top Go down
josema
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?   Madrid ticket collections  - am I being thick? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 17:14

The "Palacio Vistalegre" is a venue with a capacity for about 15.000 people. However I've just bought a ticket (in FNAC from other city, resellers of ticketmaster for a 2.40€ fee), and it says "Sala San Miguel" that seems to be a new name to someting called "The Box" that is/was a streamlined version, with removable stands for smaller capacity, but mostly standing, about 2.000 people.

So although there's always the posibility that the tickets sell like hot cakes and they decide to go with the bigger setup (unlikely IMHO), 2000 of us will be the lucky ones to be there. The capacity for de BCN venue the next day looks similar.
Back to top Go down
ScotsAl
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?   Madrid ticket collections  - am I being thick? Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 22:52

Thanks for the info.

I figured that it wouldn't be the full 15k - thats the only capacity I could find online. However, 2k is a nice surprise. Making the weekend of it - I go over to Madrid for the football at times but haven't had a Friday night out there for a good 5 or 6 years.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?   Madrid ticket collections  - am I being thick? Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 21:34

Our tickets arrived this week, we decided to pay a small fortune to get them delivered. At least we have them safe and sound, just need to remember to pack. Off making a weekend of it to celebrate my birthday. Can't wait. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?   Madrid ticket collections  - am I being thick? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madrid ticket collections - am I being thick?
Page 1 of 1