elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11

Go down 
+2
Mr Woman
Audrey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Audrey
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Empty
PostSubject: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 10:19

... I was there ! Smile I did the whole festival (3 days) with several great bands that I enjoyed to see as Arcade Fire, Portishead, Eels, PJ Harvey... and I was impatiently waiting to see Elbow of course ! Smile It was the first time that I saw them live, I waited a lot from them and I haven't been disappointed really ! I loved their concert, the sound was perfect, Guy G. is a great frontman, enthusiastically inviting people to sing etc... Of course, it was too short... I'd love to see them for a complete concert now in a more intimate place... how good it should be !
I don't know if some other people from this forum was there too ?
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 12:04

Glad you enjoyed your first elbow live experience, Audrey. Maybe France will get a couple of 'indoor' gigs later in the year or in the spring?

I once accidentally got lost in Arras (true: I took a wrong turning off the bypass). I really don't know my Arras from my elbow.
Back to top Go down
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 14:24

Mr Woman wrote:
I once accidentally got lost in Arras (true: I took a wrong turning off the bypass). I really don't know my Arras from my elbow.

LOL Very good. Smile Laughing Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 16:35

Mr Woman wrote:
I really don't know my Arras from my elbow.

Boom boom! tongue
Back to top Go down
mirrorball3
newborn
newborn
mirrorball3

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2011, 19:38

Great show really !!! It's my first Elbow show and It was a magic moment !!! Guy Garvey is absolutely awsome !!! Good setlist, Mirorball, Lippy Kids and One Day Like This are the best moments of the show !!!
Back to top Go down
Audrey
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011, 06:53

Totally agree ! Wink And I can imagine how great it must be to see Elbow in concert in a more intimate place... !
Back to top Go down
mirrorball3
newborn
newborn
mirrorball3

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011, 10:27

It's my dream to see Elbow in a intimate place !!! With a longer set Very Happy . One hour is too short !!! I hope for another passage In France ...
Back to top Go down
Audrey
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2012, 07:05

I use this topic to let you know that this concert has been recently broadcasted on 'Direct Star channel' and you can see it again here :
http://www.directstar.fr/video/a1kxYTJt
It was a great show, what a great moment for me ! My first (and only actually...) Elbow's concert ! Smile
I recorded it but on a videotape only (I have no other possibility) and I would like to have it on DVD... if somebody is interested, I can send this video tape to the person (and no use to send it to me back) in order to copy and put the concert on a DVD; I'll just ask a copy for myself.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Sep 2012, 12:43

I've just PM'd Audrey as in theory I'd be willing to help out with this, but realise I won't be able to as she's probably recorded it on a SECAM VCR (UK is PAL, different system).

If there are any French fans out there with the means to transfer a VHS to DVD for her & themselves, please give her a shout!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Audrey
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 07:46

I didn't think about the different system... the recorder I used is a Pal / Secam system, but I don't know if it can be ok... anyway, thanks a lot for your kind answer ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11   Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow Main square Festival Arras (France) 3/07/11
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: