elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED**

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DavePogue
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-07-04

GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED** Empty
PostSubject: GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED**   GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED** Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 12:05

During the BBC interview at Glasto, Guy commented that he had seen / was going to see a band that reminded him of the first time he saw/heard the Pixies. Can anyone tell me what this band was?
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED**   GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED** Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 12:47

The Walkman? maybe? ...not comparing them to the Pixies at all, but maybe more the feelings they evoke in him. just saw the Walkman myself at Hop farm, and personally they didn't wow me. The Leisure Society who Guy also is a fan of really did though, they were marvelous.
Did he mention any of the other bands he saw on his radio programme last night...I dIdn't listen as was seeing Prince.
That might give you a clue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
DavePogue
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-07-04

PostSubject: Re: GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED**   GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED** Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 12:54

Thank you for the info! Didn't listen to his show last night, so not sure.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED**   GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED** Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 15:29

lucky with disease wrote:
The Walkman? maybe? ...not comparing them to the Pixies at all, but maybe more the feelings they evoke in him. just saw the Walkman myself at Hop farm, and personally they didn't wow me. The Leisure Society who Guy also is a fan of really did though, they were marvelous.
Did he mention any of the other bands he saw on his radio programme last night...I dIdn't listen as was seeing Prince.
That might give you a clue.

Yep, LWD is correct - definitely The Walkmen.
Back to top Go down
GraemeScott
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED**   GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED** Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jul 2011, 21:03

But as The Leisure Society have been mentioned, I'd highly recommend them. Saw them a couple of months ago, excellent live, and the new album (as well as the older stuff) is very good indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED**   GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GUY GARVEY - BBC GLASTONBURY INTERVIEW **HELP REQUIRED**
Page 1 of 1