elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An open letter to Guy Garvey.

Go down 
+6
ChrissyBoy
imalittlebeast
lucky with disease
ticky
ElbowFreak
Wretch
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wretch
fallen angel
fallen angel
Wretch

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-07-23

An open letter to Guy Garvey. Empty
PostSubject: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011, 19:03

Mr. Guy Garvey,

Hello there. How are you finding your day so far? It’s quite a nice day outside isn’t it? I myself have just come home from a stroll around the park with the dog. Hopefully today is a sign of things to come and fingers crossed the summer months will be half as warm as this fine day has been. But enough with the conversational pleasantries, I do have an issue I would urgently like to discuss with you. No doubt you’re getting ready for tonight’s show in Sheffield, probably listening to some of your old favourites to psyche you up, so I will attempt to keep this short.

My girlfriend has always had a bit of a thing for you. I was equally surprised and pleased by this it must be said. In fact, I told her that that you would be the only person I would allow her to sleep with (apart from me silly). [mod edit]

Anyway, I purchased tickets for Elbow’s Nottingham show way back in November 2010. An amazing show it was, in fact it was my third Elbow gig in five and a half years and easily the best. Even more impressive was the fact as an Irishman living amongst the English, I sacrificed my St. Patrick’s Day! Do you know what it feels like to be Irish AND sober on March 17th? It’s like visiting Nottingham’s tourist centre and not seeing any shotguns on display, ie a massive disappointment. I arrived home sober and in a sulk thinking about my alcohol intake that day, but rest assured, thinking about your concert, I was smiling on the inside. I had a mandatory Guinness that night before slipping into bed.

However there is one small problem. The other half will not stop going on about the show and in particular, going on about you. I realised she fancied you and everything, but this is surely taking the piss. Do you know how hard it is to even attempt to live up to you? I look at you with your glorious set of lungs, stunning good looks, great monetary funds and your snazzy haircut and I die a little bit inside when I realise I have a grand total of none of those things.

Having all that in mind as we took our seats on the 17th, I was a little relieved I had booked seating tickets instead of standing. Had she been been on the floor, she surely would’ve been on top of you within seconds of you appearing on stage. But oh no, that wasn’t enough. You just had to rub it in. On the very last song of the evening, you walked the entire distance of the arena and cool as f**k, casually strolled up the steps to block 8 of the building – the very same block we were sitting in. Well by Jesus, she almost lost it right there and then. I wouldn’t be surprised if the arena had summoned two ushers to ...[mod edit: oooer]... the seat not five minutes after she had vacated it.

So then. On the way home, me dying to use the toilet and her experiencing some [mod edit] in a similar region no doubt, I asked her again, “Jesus, you really would have him wouldn’t you”? I saw a look in her eyes when she gave me her answer of “God yeah!” that I have never seen before. Not that I can blame her of course. Hell if I were a woman...[mod edit: use your imagination here] but I’d ask you to harmonise the song Ribcage while you were doing it. That would be not only romantic, but just amazing in general.

In closing, all I ask of you is to just try and tone it down yeah? I am quite experienced in the art of woman repelling; I feel I could help you in this area. Grow your hair and give it a shaggy appearance. This has done wonders for me for the past twenty-odd years.

Regards, Bryan.

PS: I must ask; what is the song you listen to most before heading on stage? And dare I ask what is your favourite artist or album to put on in the background while you’re in the mood? I read once that Christina Aguilera likes to have Radiohead on. Whilst that is admirable, I find that a bit of Slayer does the trick for me.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011, 20:15

Oh Boy... Without words. Neutral
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011, 23:40

hahahahaha ......Slayer!?!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 11:39

an open lyrical response: but only in elbowian lyrics from the charming pen what wrote BARB lyrics.

the moon wants a scrap
or a cuddle!

a baccian scandal awaits me!

your sweetheart probably hates me
but i'll send you home
your dome filled up with love!

what are we gonna do with you
same tale every time!

I told him my sorrows and broken down dreams
confessed every lie replayed every scene
he openly wept as he listened to me!

The birds are the keepers of our secret
though I wore your glacial patience to a smudge of bitter dust!

love will find you out!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
imalittlebeast
fallen angel
fallen angel
imalittlebeast

Female Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 11:44

This. Is. H Y S T E R I C A L.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 15:44

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 19:10

been trying to find a glasgow clip of this one but to no avail yet.
Back to top Go down
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 20:09

want me to upload CB?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 20:20

Back to top Go down
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 20:25

Wretch. Your hilarious. Very funny open letter Laughing
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 20:29

Wretch, epic post - I'm pissin' meself ere ! I totally understand yer missus obsession !
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 20:30

I hope the Resolve kicked in and the OH didn't kick off again... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Wretch
fallen angel
fallen angel
Wretch

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 20:40

mrswoman wrote:

Any suggestions? It hasn't progressed to calling out his name in the bedroom - yet. You know what bugs me about this the most though? The double standards.

Imagine if I were dragged to, say a Shakira concert (not that she's into that type of thing) and proceeded to drool over her for the duration of the gig. And say she sprinted up the steps and shook those hips not five feet away, I would've been the subject of a vicious backhand, a swift boot to the knackers and a very public telling off for staring.

Gender equality. Not such a good thing.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 20:43

Wretch wrote:
mrswoman wrote:

Any suggestions? It hasn't progressed to calling out his name in the bedroom - yet. You know what bugs me about this the most though? The double standards.

Imagine if I were dragged to, say a Shakira concert (not that she's into that type of thing) and proceeded to drool over her for the duration of the gig. And say she sprinted up the steps and shook those hips not five feet away, I would've been the subject of a vicious backhand, a swift boot to the knackers and a very public telling off for staring.

Gender equality. Not such a good thing.

I know mate, that's why I've banned myself from PJ Harvey gig's...although, I showed admirable restraint at a Yeah Yeah Yeah's show.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 21:01

Wretch wrote:
mrswoman wrote:
You know what bugs me about this the most though? The double standards.
From a female point of view, the Peter Kay approach works pretty well:
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 21:06

BT your a star - thats what i'm talking about. Magic atmosphere building in the clip,
it seemed to get even louder probably after your clip cuts off. Was immense Laughing

loving the Peter Kay clip Mrs W - pure brill Cool
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011, 10:47

ticky wrote:
hahahahaha ......Slayer!?!

I love that that's the bit you picked up on. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An open letter to Guy Garvey.   An open letter to Guy Garvey. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An open letter to Guy Garvey.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow patch-
Jump to: