elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow's current touring strings...

Go down 
+2
Jones
djvh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
djvh
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Elbow's current touring strings... Empty
PostSubject: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 10:49

Guys,

anyone have any idea who the string quartet are? Do they play alone/are they for hire? LOVED their arrangements in Nottingham last night <3

google is not helping, anyone have any clues/contacts/tips to find out?

tyvm
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 11:22

The string quartet during the last tour was;
Stella Page
Jote Osahn
Margit van der Zwan
and Amy .... (whose last name, to my horror, I can't remember... Frances, any ideas...?)

They are all very succesful freelance musicians with a long-standing association with Elbow.
They have also toured with Snow Patrol (together and individually) and some have worked with, amongst others, I Am Kloot, Gorillaz, The Maccabees etc etc

Anyway, the line up is pretty much the same, except Amy seems to be not around for this tour and a guy called Sam is standing in for her.

As they are all freelance musicians, I am sure they would be available for hire, although they may not come cheap! Razz
Hope this helps!

Here's a link to Jote's myspace page.
She does some really lovely stuff of her own, have a listen!

http://www.myspace.com/joteosahn

Last edited by Jones on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 22:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'Simon' turns out to be 'Sam'!)
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 13:34

Back to top Go down
djvh
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 10:49

you lovely people are a font of useful helpfulness and knowledge Smile thanks
Back to top Go down
Nemo
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 22:42

Have to add thought they started the night in Manchester with pure class. Do they have a CD knocking about?
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011, 01:15

Collectively known as 'El Bow'. Very Happy

NickF - the board as a whole has been suggesting for ages that they record a CD... here's hoping!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 11:34

Kim, Jote says they are making a CD...may even put some bs on Very Happy, as the only recordings they have are from the live gigs so far.

I uploaded 'Not a Job' this time on youtube as them playing this one isn't up yet. I'm afraid I only have a little basic camera, as can't afford to buy better equipment for videoing, but its better than nothing... well I think so anyway... like to add clips that aren't on there already.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 18:18

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Nemo
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 20:15

Cheers Kim and Lucky...
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 22:36

Good to know! Thanks for the linkies Frances. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's current touring strings...   Elbow's current touring strings... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow's current touring strings...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: