elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Talking trouble with gigs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chan
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Talking trouble with gigs Empty
PostSubject: Talking trouble with gigs   Talking trouble with gigs Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 13:44

Hi

Do many people find talking at gigs a problem?
I dont mind jovial banter with the band or what have you, but when there are some people just standing there drunk off the faces talking utter rubbish constanly it annoys me.

Do people have other issues with gigs that annoy them??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michaelchaneyuk
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Talking trouble with gigs   Talking trouble with gigs Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 14:05

People that try and barge their way to the front, past others who have got there early to nab the good spots, who then have the gall to expect you to let them through so they can stand in front of you and block your view.
Back to top Go down
chan
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Talking trouble with gigs   Talking trouble with gigs Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 14:41

Mr Woman wrote:
People that try and barge their way to the front, past others who have got there early to nab the good spots, who then have the gall to expect you to let them through so they can stand in front of you and block your view.

Yes that annoys me too....especially when there is little or no space around you at all already.
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Talking trouble with gigs   Talking trouble with gigs Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 15:26

The very sadly now defunct Luminaire in Kilburn had this gem of a sign:

Talking trouble with gigs Shut+up
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Talking trouble with gigs   Talking trouble with gigs Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 20:09

Another example of the annoying drunken gig-goer is the type who think buying a ticket gives them the right to hurl abuse at the band.

One occasion we remember fondly was a group of snotty, drunken [[nsert preferred expletive here] at the Reebok Stadium Coldplay gig back in 2005. These unpleasant so-and-so's were amusing themselves by yelling abuse at Chris Martin (fair enough, some might think - strange, though, to have paid £30 for the privilege).

Much amusement ensued when the loudest of the loudmouths had his fun interrupted by half a pie splatting into the back of his head, courtesy of somebody behind who evidently, had had enough of their behaviour.

Aforementioned youth and friends then skulk off, fearful of being on the receiving end of more unwanted comestibles. I still see him now, confused, tail between his legs, picking gravy and crust out of his previously carefully-arranged hair.

Funny how the irritant always seems to be wherever you are stood, though. Does that make me unlucky, paranoid, or is it that there are an awful lot of annoying people at gigs and it really doesn't matter where you are - there will always be one nearby to spoil things?

Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Talking trouble with gigs   Talking trouble with gigs Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 21:31

I once obliged my neighbour by going to an Eagles concert with her as her husband was suffering from a sudden onset of mysterious stomach cramps (well, I guess that's what the thought of an Eagles concert can do to you...)
but anyway, the tickets cost a fortune: about €100 (£80) each, and throughout the entire first half of the gig, the people behind us were discussing what colours to paint the walls in their newly bought house!!! Unbelievable... Why would you spend sooo much money on a gig, that you presumably want to see, and then talk through it the whole time?
The pub would be so much cheaper!
Thankfully somebody nearby warned them off after the interval. They kept quiet after that...
Back to top Go down
chan
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Talking trouble with gigs   Talking trouble with gigs Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 12:05

So glad i am not alone in these feelings! I think it is partially down to alcohol, but also down to tickets being widely avaliable online on many websites that you get so many knackers. I just dont understand why they pay so much money and then talk all the way through ruining peoples nights in the process, unless they get there tickets for free.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talking trouble with gigs   Talking trouble with gigs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talking trouble with gigs
Page 1 of 1