elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

McGregor

Go down 
+6
HattyMarris
Jason
lucky with disease
mrswoman
ekimq
lordlee
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lordlee
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-06-10

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 20:42

Does anyone know where i can get hold of this fab tune in MP3 audio? Or any digital format to be honest? I have the song on the Leaders DVD but really want it on me iPod. Not quite sure how to rip it from my dvd.
Back to top Go down
ekimq
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-02-01

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 08:27

Hi lordlee,

Just step on over to the marvellous http://elbowfans.org/ and it's in the playlist halfway down on the left hand side. Once you've listened to it it will be the newest file in your browser cache, so just rename it and McGregor's your uncle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lordlee
fallen angel
fallen angel

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 11:49

sweeeet. cheers man.
Back to top Go down
lordlee
fallen angel
fallen angel

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 12:09

ahh... bit premature with my enthusiasm. can't find it on that site anywhere. apologies i must be think.
Back to top Go down
lordlee
fallen angel
fallen angel

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 12:17

thick even... good grief.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 12:46

Lordlee, if you go to the home page of the site, then scroll down. You'll then see the music player on the right hand side, a white box marked 'Covers, Live Gems & Rarities'. McGreggor is No 18.

* Ahem* No comment on the cache grabbing. *cough*
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 12:53

If anyone is at all interested as to where and when any of the rare elbow live, radio sessions or cover recordings that are on this elbowfans player were originally played then I have the detalis. None of them are official commercial releases in these formats.

For example, first 5 on the player:

1) An Intro - is Vum Garda b-side which used to be played at the early gigs before the band came on
2) Any Day Now Live - is from Blackpool, march 2009, whereas...
3) Asleep in the back Live was an instore at Virgin Megastore San Fran, CA, USA — 2/23/02 one of the last times ever played live.
4) Back to Black - is of course (Amy Winehouse cover) – Radio 1 Live Lounge with Jo Whiley (2008)
5) Beat for two -soundtrack written for the closing credits of the film, ‘Inside I’m Dancing’ (2004)

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Jason
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-13

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 17:45

There were rumours a couple of years ago that Elbow would be releasing a B-Sides album, dont know if anyone on here has any info on that or if it was just wishful thinking??lol
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 17:54

They were going to be a B-Sides album Jason, it was going to be called 'Dead In The Boot'.

However when they split with V2 it was scrapped, and as far as im aware there's been no mention to do anything as such just yet.

i'd love them to release it in the near future though, or perhaps the children's album Guy was speaking about last year.
Back to top Go down
Jason
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 20:06

Yes i think it would be a great idea to release a B-sides album, would easily stand up against other albums theyve done in terms of quality Smile Keep our fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
lordlee
fallen angel
fallen angel

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 21:22

mrswoman wrote:
Lordlee, if you go to the home page of the site, then scroll down. You'll then see the music player on the right hand side, a white box marked 'Covers, Live Gems & Rarities'. McGreggor is No 18.

* Ahem* No comment on the cache grabbing. *cough*

Got it... many thanks. This leads me to another question. I was astonished to find on the http://elbowfans.org/ site also a streaming live version of Presuming Ed recorded with the male choir at meltdown festival gig. I was part of that choir and was one of the best nights of my life! It sounds like a quality recording. Is the entire gig available somewhere? Or was this track released officially in some form? I'd love to be able to get hold of more tracks from that night.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 11:34

Hi lordlee, I was there too Very Happy still have one of of Geoff's hats!...atmosphere was electric, is one of my favourite elbow gigs.
None of the goodies on the player are officially released.
We only have just that one track from the Royal Festival Hall.
I do know that there is an audience recording of the night, but it was just the one track made available that we could dl from the net briefly, as its the only live recording we know of for Presuming Ed(Rest Easy) [title refs from a line in Withnail and I?]
Theres not many audience video clips of it online even, as the RFH staff were on you right away as soon as they spotted you recording during the gig.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 11:42

HattyMarris wrote:
They were going to be a B-Sides album Jason, it was going to be called 'Dead In The Boot'.

However when they split with V2 it was scrapped, and as far as im aware there's been no mention to do anything as such just yet.

i'd love them to release it in the near future though, or perhaps the children's album Guy was speaking about last year.

Always thought V2 missed a trick when they never got their act together with that album... Fiction seem a little more switched on with the release of the BBC Concert version of TSSK & the re-release of AITB... perhaps the B-Side thing will become a stocking filler this autumn? or, hush... even a live* album?

*Is the concept of the live album dead these days?
Back to top Go down
lordlee
fallen angel
fallen angel

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 11:55

lucky with disease wrote:
Presuming Ed(Rest Easy) [title refs from a line in Withnail and I?]

That's correct Guy and Craig told us Presuming Ed was a nickname for someone they knew at the time... i think it was a boyfriend of a girl Craig knew (sister? sorry memory sketchy). Anyway... they had know idea what to call the song and it somehow linked with this guy so they nicknamed the song Presuming Ed. When the track was finished Guy said to Craig "Ok wanna change the name then?" and Craig was like "Nope". So it stuck and had no relevance to the lyrics of the song. But they decided to add the (Rest Easy) to give it some relevance.

Another interesting story from those rehearsals is that Some Riot, although written about Brian Clancy, lyrically took on a different meaning to Guy as he suddenly realised he was talking about himself. Quite an intimate, personal and brave detail he revealed to us i thought. Certainly makes me listen to the lyrics differently.

Hope he doesn't mind me posting that.
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 16:14

[quote="errant"]
HattyMarris wrote:
Always thought V2 missed a trick when they never got their act together with that album... Fiction seem a little more switched on with the release of the BBC Concert version of TSSK & the re-release of AITB... perhaps the B-Side thing will become a stocking filler this autumn? or, hush... even a live* album?

*Is the concept of the live album dead these days?
I'd love a "proper" live Elbow album. Not that there's anything wrong with The Seldom Seen Kid - Live at Abbey Road, but it's an atypical concert, and iTunes Live in London is too brief and too unplugged. (At the other extreme, I don't know that I'd want to see Elbow go the DMB route of a live album or two every year.) Maybe the Paul McCartney route, a live CD/DVD set after each major concert tour?

If it were up to me -- and thankfully it's not Smile -- I'd release a live CD/DVD set for Christmas, then do Dead in the Boot eight to tenth months later, with the sixth album coming another year after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 20:59

A live DVD of the MEN concert in September 2009 would do me - it was filmed after all.
Back to top Go down
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 01:55

Wow. I hadn't heard McGreggor before now. That song is pretty damn cool.

I am starting to think I like Elbow's B-sides better than their actual albums.
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011, 00:29

allyngibson wrote:

If it were up to me -- and thankfully it's not Smile -- I'd release a live CD/DVD set for Christmas, then do Dead in the Boot eight to tenth months later, with the sixth album coming another year after that.

i think you *SHOULD* be in charge, that sounds good to me... Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitimeSat 19 Mar 2011, 00:30

hilaryg wrote:
A live DVD of the MEN concert in September 2009 would do me - it was filmed after all.

i guess that won't happen now? shame like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

McGregor Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGregor   McGregor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McGregor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow music-
Jump to: