elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

XFM's track by track of BARB

Go down 
+5
Jones
emma
lucky with disease
ticky
rothko
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rothko
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-03-09

XFM's track by track of BARB Empty
PostSubject: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 22:43

Hi,

apologies if this is posted in the wrong place or has been posted before (i couldn't see it anywhere!).

XFM have a track by track interview with Guy and Pete online now; it was broadcast yesterday on John Kennedy's Xposure show. I haven't heard it yet, but will be having a listen tomorrow.

They've done the same for previous albums too, and I've always found them a good way to connect with the songs when you hear Guy explain what each track is about and how it came to be.

anyway, the linky: http://www.xfm.co.uk/artists/interviews/elbow-on-build-a-rocket-boys
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 23:12

Hi Rothko - thank you very much for posting that!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 23:49

Thanks for the reminder, these are always good, I wondered if there was going to be one. This is Guy and Pete with John Kennedy.
I still have the Cast of Thousands one John Kennedy did with them on cassette tape.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 23:51

Just listened to the first part so far and it's really great! They're so refreshingly down-to-earth and I love these longer, more relaxed interviews that delve into more interesting topics. Looking forward to hearing the rest tomorrow Smile thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 23:52

Bit late in the day for me now, but will listen to it tomorrow.
Should be really interesting, thanks for posting Rothko!
Back to top Go down
rothko
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 07:59

all very welcome Very Happy

I have the same interviews for previous albums - Cast of Thousands, Leaders and Seldom Seen Kid. All with John Kennedy, who seems a real fan/friend of the band, and all in the same style.

*geek alert* I make 'special versions' of the albums for the wife, with the track interview before each album track, she really likes to know what a song is about and how it came to be, especially with Elbow when it's usually interesting. I remember her tearing up on Guy talking about Puncture Repair and One Day Like this.

Happy to share these for those that haven't heard them (or if you can't find a cassette player, lucky with disease!)

Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:30

rothko wrote:
all very welcome Very Happy

I have the same interviews for previous albums - Cast of Thousands, Leaders and Seldom Seen Kid. All with John Kennedy, who seems a real fan/friend of the band, and all in the same style.

Happy to share these for those that haven't heard them (or if you can't find a cassette player, lucky with disease!)

Cool I havn't got the equipment to transfer my cassette tape to computer or CD myself, so it just sits languishing with all my other old cassettes and VHS tape!... but this is type of elbow history that would be ideal for the fan archive that mrswoman keeps, to put with other elbow goodies that have been contributed.
Maybe just the named track by track interviews for conserving website space, rather than each album song played aswell, which is how it is recorded on my cassette tape. i believe the later 2 were left on the xfm website for a little while after, just as interview track by track.
Thanks rothko Smile

Last edited by lucky with disease on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 10:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
rothko
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:36

sounds good.

I'm just recording the BARB interviews to mp3. Once that's done I'll let you all know and I can arrange to have them uploaded somewhere.

I've edited all the interviews so that each file contains just the interview for one/two tracks (depending on how the interview was conducted). People can then create their own geeky 'special albums' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:40

Lovely stuff rothko, cheers for that. And full marks for your candid geek pride! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
rothko
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 16:28

Done! Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

mrswoman, just let me know the best way to get these to you:

cast of thousands - 50mb
leaders of the free world - 48mb
seldom seen kid - 39mb
build a rocket boys - 92mb
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 19:35

Big thanks & a high five to rothko for the interview stash! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 00:35

Just listened to this.
Excellent interview with some really interesting stuff
Really enjoyed it and thanks for posting rothko
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 03:40

Thanks for the link rothko. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Project571
little beast
little beast
Project571

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 14:43

Xfm Manchester are airing a conversation between Guy and Clint Boon 9pm Sunday,

http://www.xfm.co.uk/rare-elbow-demo-to-be-played-on-xfm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XFM's track by track of BARB   XFM's track by track of BARB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XFM's track by track of BARB
Page 1 of 1