elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!)

Go down 
+2
andy_landy
hilaryg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!) Empty
PostSubject: See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!)   See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!) Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 16:10

Just as I've been clearing out my inbox on this site, I was reminded that at the end of the last MEN gig (Sep 2009), Guy said
Quote :
see you in two and a half years!
which was a depressing thought at the time. Which is why the announcement of BARB! and the tour came as a pleasant surprise to me, as I wasn't expecting it for another year.

Now, did I have cloth ears? I've tried to make it out on Andy's recording, but there's too much whoopin' and a hollerin' going on (guilty). Does anyone else remember it at all?
Back to top Go down
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!)   See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!) Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 23:45

whee... too long ago to remember but it sounds to me like "see you in a couple of years" perhaps?

so they made good time writing BARB: we're not complaining Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gameoldgirl
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-12

PostSubject: Re: See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!)   See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 15:22

no, you don't have cloth ears.. he said it several times with lots of mock emotion before final 'one day like this'
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!)   See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 16:35

Hi gameoldgirl and welcome the the forum. With a name like yours, I can highly recommend the 'Ladies of a Certain Age...Grey Expectations!' thread! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!)   See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 19:40

No, you're definitely right, Hilary!
I distinctly remember hearing it and being a bit gutted...
Maybe they were just buying themselves plenty of time and taking the pressure off!
Isn't it great that the wait wasn't quite that long?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!)   See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!) Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 20:12

gameoldgirl wrote:
no, you don't have cloth ears.. he said it several times with lots of mock emotion before final 'one day like this'

Quality user name - Gamester ! Welcome !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!)   See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

See you in two and a half years (or maybe sooner!)
Page 1 of 1