elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?

Go down 
+6
Minerva69
Jones
ChrissyBoy
Lynne
mrswoman
Atane
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Atane
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Empty
PostSubject: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011, 13:22

Hello there.

I couldn't buy tickets for the London 02 Arena gig (28.03.2011) when they were made avalaible to buy, so I had to buy two tickets for this gig later on eBay.
The seller has only positive feedbacks, it seems that he only sells tickets for sold-out gigs, but, it was the only way I could find tickets for the first of the two evenings at the O2 Arena.
It was back in November 2010.

Now it's almost mid-February 2011, for a gig due in March...and I have still received nothing.
I've contacted the seller who informed me that he was to receive the ticket approximately 6 weeks before the date of the gig (which I find very late).

So my question is: has any of you ordered tickets for one or several gigs of the 2011 Arena tour...and has received nothing?

I'm begining to worry as I'll come from Paris with my wife (this trip + hotel + gig is my present for her 40th Birthday) and I would be so disappointed if I received nothing.

Kind regards.

Atane.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011, 13:32

Hi Atane and welcome!

We haven't got ours yet, bought directly from a agency.

Generally speaking, a lot of ticket agencies seem to send gig tickets out quite late these days, anything between 2-4 weeks in advance of the event itself. Obviously you'll then also be waiting for the eBay seller to post them on to you, which *shouldn't* take long. If you've paid for special delivery at least you could track the tickets' wherabouts on route from them.

If you don't receive the tickets, you would take it up with the seller. If they don't reply in good time before the gig, you'd then lodge a case with eBay themselves who will (eventually) claim the money back for you via PayPal. I hope it doesn't come to that, but there is some protection if you don't get what you've paid for.

Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 09:45

We only just received our 02 tickets last week for the 29th date in March. We did buy direct though. I'm sure the seller is genuine and just hasn't received his yet. Hopefully you will receive them soon.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 09:56

sounds like the seller has probably bought their tickets directly from SeeTickets or other outlet
and sold them on in anticipation of receipt.

I've been checking my own status with See Tickets every couple of days - which still says that tickets will be sent out when they get them. So they don't even seem to have them yet and the glasgow gig is the first one.

Everyone on here reassures me that this is normal, so i'm sure it will all be fine. Hope you get yours indue course with no problems Smile
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 18:28

I wouldn't worry...
Your Ebay seller is obviously still waiting for the tickets himself (like the rest of us!)
On another positive note: when my ticket for the Elbow gig in Le Bataclan (2 yrs ago) still hadn't arrived 5 days before the concert, the ticketing agent organised it for me to pick one up at the box office. In the end the ticket arrived the day before I left, so it wasn't necessary after all!
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that these things usually work themselves out...
Back to top Go down
Atane
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011, 08:59

Thanks for all your advice.
I hope everything will go smooth with these tickets...as it's more than 90 days since I bought them on eBay, so I won't be allowed to claim for being given my money back should the tickets never arrive in France.

Kind regards from Paris.

Atane.
Back to top Go down
Minerva69
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 16:01

As the others have said, the seller will still be waiting for tickets from the agency. I bought a ticket for Sheffield in the fans pre-sale from See Tickets and I'm still waiting for it. I bought another one direct from Sheffield Arena (which was in a better position than the pre-sale ticket!) and it was delivered shortly after purchase. So I think the agencies do have the tickets, they're just sitting on them! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Feb 2011, 13:13

i havent got mine for newcastle from seetickets... but then they don't normally send then out till a few days before the event... i'm told so that it makes it harder for the ebay toughts...
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeMon 21 Feb 2011, 13:14

I've just had a delivery notice e-mail from the courier that my tickets will be arriving soon (Liverpool, bought via See Tickets). Yay, at last! Smile
Back to top Go down
Atane
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 14:23

Still nothing received... Mad
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 17:33

Atane, were they seated or standing you paid for?
Is the ebay seller replying to you?
the O2 tickets were among the first to be sent out. I got mine a while ago.
I have one really good seat, lower tier near the stage for monday you could have for free if its looking like you have been done out of the ebay ones you paid for (its still in the offered section) if you can find another ticket either standing or nearby, as I believe this seated ticket I have is near the standing area anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 09:06

I've got MEN and Cardiff now. In fact, Chrissie's ticket arrived within 48 hours and I only just received our tickets today! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Atane
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 09:20

lucky with disease wrote:
Atane, were they seated or standing you paid for?

They were 2 standing tickets.

Is the ebay seller replying to you?

Not really. Whenever I try to get in touch with him (or her), I receive unpersonnal replies, stating that my tickets are to be received soon.

the O2 tickets were among the first to be sent out. I got mine a while ago.

This is why I created this topic. What seems very strange is that, depending on which seller (TicketMaster, Gigsandtour,...) you've bought tickets from, there seems to be a huge gap of time between first and last tickets received.

I have one really good seat, lower tier near the stage for monday you could have for free if its looking like you have been done out of the ebay ones you paid for (its still in the offered section) if you can find another ticket either standing or nearby, as I believe this seated ticket I have is near the standing area anyway.

How kind of you it is !! Thank you soooooo much !!
To be honest, I have to decline your very generous offer... Since my last message above, I have ordered two more standing tickets for the same gig at the O2 Arena. The main difference with the previous tickets I had bought on eBay, was that the seller was claiming having the two tickets ''in hand'', with a photo of both the tickets.
I've just received them this morning!!
Thanks again for this incredibly generous offer!

Kind regards from Paris!

Atane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?   Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow's 2011 Arena tour...who is still waiting to receive tickets?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: