elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album

Go down 
+2
Glendarian
sparky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album Empty
PostSubject: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album   Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 09:57

This week's NME features the "100 Greatest Albums You've Never Heard". "With a little help from a lot of our favourite musicians, here are music's best kept secrets"

Guy cites BRMC's 2005 album "Howl" as not getting anything like the coverage or the praise that it should have done at the time.

Amongst other things (don't want to steal the NME's thunder) he says that he wished he'd written the track "Fault Line" himself and "it makes me think about dads and lads, which normally makes me a little tearful"
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album   Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 17:15

I love that album. Smile Which I first heard of on Guy's show... I think the song was Fault Line, which is indeedwonderful.

I'm glad to see a BRMC thread - anyone else loving their latest, Beat the Devil's Tattoo? It's been one of those "stuck in my CD player" albums recently.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album   Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 12:13

Oh yea, the BRMC...they remind me a lot on my former fave music style (bluesy US-Hard Rock like Tangier, Cinderella, Tesla ect) but in a way it does not make me sentimentaly nostalgic Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album   Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2011, 20:32

Seen them twice, live - the first album's ace.....'Whatever Happened.....' - mega tune.....sort of dipped in and out of their stuff since.
Back to top Go down
The Final Track
friend of ours
friend of ours
The Final Track

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album   Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011, 14:54

They've got a great version of Annabelle Lee. Pitty it's only played live.
Back to top Go down
Niftium
little beast
little beast

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album   Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 00:43

BTDT is a little long for me, but the other albums are all fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album   Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Guy Garvey's lost album
Page 1 of 1