elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone. Empty
PostSubject: Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone.   Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone. Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 00:40

The Guardian described him up as "mysterious, alchemical, inexplicable and unrepeatable". Some might add "unlistenable" - a view I happen to disagree with but understand. To be honest, Beefheart is not someone I listen to much nowadays, but he was one of those artists who made me understand that music knew no boundaries other than the imagination.

His music was not always utterly unconventional - the much maligned Bluejeans and Moonbeams contained this lovely gem:
Further Than We've Gone

An old friend once summed him up thus - "he's just a f***ing genius, that's all you need to know"

True indeed. RIP Don.
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone.   Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone. Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 01:42

R.I.P.

A legend.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone.   Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone. Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 18:28

Is it just me or do you think too that people dropping like flies at the moment Suspect Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone.   Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain Beefheart - RIP. Yet another one gone.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: