elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

omg my tickets came today!

Go down 
+12
Misspelt Yoof
hilaryg
Glendarian
@MrIanGibson
emma
My Bury Vest
WOBLEwoble
Bennington
HattyMarris
Lynne
djvh
Kayleigh
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 22:54

WOBLEwoble wrote:
Whats all this about having to sign for the tickets delivered by DX secure? Mine were just put through the letter box. Didn't have to sign for them.
Just emailed DX secure about this. Reply was that See Tickets ask for standard secure 1 - that means they do not have to be signed for.
See tickets charge £4.99 for that.
Still waiting for Sheffield ticket.
Really? My MEN tickets were originally due to come today, I rearranged my delivery for next Wednesday, when I'm going to be in, on the basis that I thought I'd be signing for them. And now the DX website says
Quote :
Delivery Status:

The item is due for or has recently been returned.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 23:22

hilaryg wrote:
Really? My MEN tickets were originally due to come today, I rearranged my delivery for next Wednesday, when I'm going to be in, on the basis that I thought I'd be signing for them. And now the DX website says
Quote :
Delivery Status:

The item is due for or has recently been returned.

scratch

Sounds like similar trouble that Ticky and I had with the other tickets. We were told that the tickets had been returned to the vendor, but then they arrived in the post the next day anyway - very strange.

I'll be at MEN too, looking forward to seeing you again Hilary! Very Happy You going to any others?
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 23:29

That's reassuring - thanks! Not panicking just yet, couple of weeks to go. Also going to Sheffield.

Are there any plans to meet for a drink before the MEN at the same pub as the last MEN gig?
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 23:34

Aye I'm sure there will be pre and post-gig drinks! Probably the post-gig drinks for me - I get a mite twitchy if I don't queue up early, haha.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 23:40

We all managed ok for decent spots last time! I seem to remember a hard core hundred or so people grabbing spots near the front - and then no-one else arrived for about half an hour. They must have all been down the pub!!

Not sure if I'll manage post-gig drinks - I'm giving a lift to someone who I promised to deliver back home for an early start on the Saturday. We'll have to see.....
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 23:52

D'oh, we'll figure something out. I'm going to Sheffield too btw. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 23:58

Exellent! Sheffield not so good for pubs nearby, plus they are useless at managing queues, just so you know.

I have other friends who are taking me to Sheffield, so I'm even more restricted on meet ups. We should get there for doors opening, perhaps if I'm canny with my wiggling down the front I'll get close enough to wave at you!
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 10:37

hilaryg wrote:
Exellent! Sheffield not so good for pubs nearby, plus they are useless at managing queues, just so you know.

I have other friends who are taking me to Sheffield, so I'm even more restricted on meet ups. We should get there for doors opening, perhaps if I'm canny with my wiggling down the front I'll get close enough to wave at you!

Have your Sheffield ticket arrived yet? I'm still waiting. See ticket site said they were processed for delivery on 4th !!!!
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 12:40

Just got an email delivery notice from DX, so I suppose if See handed them over on Friday that would make sense.

I *hate* all this stressing about tickets and the faff there is these days getting hold of them. Much as I love keeping the tickets as a momento I'm now leaning towards the "print at home" option as just better for my blood pressure.

[wanders off reminiscing about the easy cash-ticket transactions in Piccadilly Records many many moons ago]
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 13:04

WOBLEwoble wrote:
hilaryg wrote:

Have your Sheffield ticket arrived yet? I'm still waiting. See ticket site said they were processed for delivery on 4th !!!!

Yeah, got the same email, I think, re Sheffield - said 'they were ready for the depatch on the 4th' and left their office 'typically the next day' - probably today. i got the same e-mither re the Manchester tickets and they came last Friday. Aren't worried, i've used SEE loads of times, and touch wood, always received them around 10 days prior, at the latest.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 13:14

I was all calm...

Then I just checked the See tickets website for the status of my MEN tickets (as I rescheduled for Wednesday delivery, thinking you had to sign for them) and it now says:

Quote :
Delivery status as of 07/03/2011 08:06:43 - Tickets being Returned to SEE

aaarrrrrgggghhh!
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 13:57

email just come to say tickets will be with me tomorrow. I will be out so they should just put them through the letter box like my MEN ticket last week.
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 15:39

Our tickets arrived on Friday. By DX, however no one signed for them, they were just pushed through the letter box.
very very excited now. Is there a Manchester meet up?
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 14:59

My Sheffield tickets have arrived this afternoon by DX Secure - I did have to sign for them! I suppose that's the silver lining for being off work with, um "gastric distress".

My Manchester tickets are the subject of an ongoing saga with See, won't bore you with the details.
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 15:27

Sheffield ticket arrived today - through the letter box.

Not heard anything about a Nottingham Meet up ????
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 17:15

Signed for Sheffield tickets arrived at work today - all set now for the 19th and 25th.

Good Luck Hilaryg...
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 07:32

My Bury Vest wrote:
Signed for Sheffield tickets arrived at work today - all set now for the 19th and 25th.

Good Luck Hilaryg...
Thanks - they've (just) arrived and I too am now all set for the 19th and 25th. bounce
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 09:12

hilaryg wrote:
My Bury Vest wrote:

Good Luck Hilaryg...
Thanks - they've (just) arrived and I too am now all set for the 19th and 25th. bounce

Splendid news ! you've now got, like me, 10 days of waiting for 'Christmas Day !' santa scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: omg my tickets came today!   omg my tickets came today! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

omg my tickets came today!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2