elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)

Go down 
+3
Dano
ChrissieInFL
Mr_K
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Empty
PostSubject: John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)   John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 16:15

Still gutted after all these years.

Last edited by Mr_K on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 09:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)   John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 20:49

^Me, too, Mr_K.

Was a bit too busy to get on here earlier, but I was thinking about this and listening to John's music quite a bit today. I've got satellite radio and there were loads of tributes and things on there, which was nice. Glad he's still relevant and remembered, and I still miss him like hell too. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)   John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 09:34

30 years ago today. Hardly seems possible, does it?

I was in my early teens when he died, and not really fully aware or appreciative of his legacy, and yet I - and my classmates - felt the cultural shock. There was a tangible strangeness at school that I didn't really understand, but I still remember today. Then going home and watching all the tears and tributes, and wondering why these things happened.

RIP John.
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)   John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 18:21

Yes, RIP John.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)   John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 18:43

I vaguely remember the day but mostly because my mother was so upset; she would have been a teenager in the Beatles' heyday.
Of course, thanks to her, I heard their music practically on a daily basis but it was only much later that I began to realise how big a loss his death was...
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)   John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 08:00

I still remember quite well, how shocked I was, when he was killed. Crying or Very sad
I think that was the time when I started drawing/writing stories about the musician's heaven situated above a mountain in a phantasy land somewhere in the northern atlantic...
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)   John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 18:16

I must have been about 10... vividly remember my whole family being shocked.

and the Xmas music will always stick with me that year with re-issues of Imagine and War is Over....
Even now when i hear those records it takes me instantly back to Christmas and new Year at my Grans with all my aunts and uncles, cousins... great times.

I seem to recall everyone being very 'together' that year... maybe everyone took note of the importance of family and each other, after Johns death.

I think thats what is great about Music, it has the power to take you places and
times that have long gone.

... god that's my sentimental side coming out, i'm feeling all nostalgic... Smile
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)   John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 14:05

Honesly i don't like too much his solo carieer.
Back to top Go down
The Final Track
friend of ours
friend of ours
The Final Track

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)   John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 16:24

Great musician, great man Sad Only the good die young.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)   John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Lennon - 30 Years ago today (8th December)
Page 1 of 1