elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How far have you gone?

Go down 
+7
ChrissieInFL
Topaz
Skeletor
Ted
Jonny
ChrissyBoy
Calum
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

How far have you gone? Empty
PostSubject: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 16:45

As a follow up to how big is your collection, how far afield have you gone to see Elbow?

Glasgow (many a time)
Edinburgh (many a time)
T in the Park
London
Paris (many a time)
Brussels
Amsterdam

Will be seeing them in Inverary at Connect and Delamere. And I really, really, really want to head to another continent some time soon to see them. I really wanted to go to New York but I hadn't realised it was so soon. Maybe next time!

And obviously I want to see them in Manchester one day.

And I wish they'd come to Aberdeen.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 17:40

Never had the pleasure unfortunatley... so jealous....
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 18:00

Err well I lived in greater London and travelled to the middle of London to see them. And a few weeks ago I travelled from Kirkstall to Leeds. Kirkstall is in Leeds.

I've never HAD to travel really Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ted
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Ted

Male Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 20:11

Just the once in Oxford on this tour and was amazing!
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 20:16

ChrissyBoy wrote:
Never had the pleasure unfortunatley... so jealous....
me neither Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 20:22

I've seen them once, at Webster Hall in NYC a couple years back, which is only a 2 1/2-3 hour train ride.

Going to see them there again tomorrow night!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 20:30

Flying from Florida to Chicago (approx. 1100 miles) for the Park West show next week. Wooohooo! cheers
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 22:13

Woooohooo Chrissie! *high five*

Actually just realized the train ride will only take me two hours. No idea why I was thinking three.

Anyway, I guess this means I'm due for some sort of trek somewhere to show my dedication and devotion.

Hrmmm...never been to Chicago...
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2008, 06:53

Wantage to Oxford on this tour - about 1/2 hour

Wantage to Portsmouth on the LOTFW Tour - 1 1/2 - 2 hours so not too far.

There was a girl at the Oxford gig who had travelled all the way from Norway just to go to the gig, leaving Guy with nothing to say but 'F**k!!!!'
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2008, 06:58

Not very far (but anywhere's quite far from out in the sticks here) - mid-Wales to Manchester several times, Bristol once and Birmingham last time. Delamere Forest will actually be my most "local" gig so far! Very Happy (A local gig for local people? Wink )
Back to top Go down
Ted
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Ted

Male Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2008, 12:24

Hotblack wrote:
Wantage to Oxford on this tour - about 1/2 hour

Wantage to Portsmouth on the LOTFW Tour - 1 1/2 - 2 hours so not too far.

There was a girl at the Oxford gig who had travelled all the way from Norway just to go to the gig, leaving Guy with nothing to say but 'F**k!!!!'

Yay Portsmouth! Was it the Pyramids they played at?
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2008, 13:06

Topaz wrote:
Woooohooo Chrissie! *high five*

Actually just realized the train ride will only take me two hours. No idea why I was thinking three.

Anyway, I guess this means I'm due for some sort of trek somewhere to show my dedication and devotion.

Hrmmm...never been to Chicago...

High five back atcha Topaz! And Chicago's a great city to visit. I'm sure you can get there for Tuesday night if you try...just raid the kids' tuition fund or something! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2008, 21:07

Oh man I so wish I could. Last night was amazing. You're going to have a blast, Chrissie!

I got there a little early and was lucky enough to be in the first row smack dab in front of Guy. Niiiice.

I regret that I drank so much wine though. I didn't realize I was downing so much and was suddenly quite sloshed and yelling out, proclaiming my love for first Jupp, then the rest of the band members. Oy. Guy even commented on it. Hee. *forehead slap*

Ah well. It was wondrous, sloshiness and all.

There was a photographer standing next to me. He got some great shots and said he'll send me some. If he does, I'll post them.

By the way, I know this is a stupid question, but how do you upload pictures from a cellphone? All I need is a cable thingy, right? I got a few pictures on there to share as well.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2008, 21:19

Yeah, I can see how a little alcohol goes a loooong way if you're already all hyped up! I expect I may have a birthday beverage or two as well so I'd better watch my intake or else I'll be in the same boat! Laughing

I usually email my cell phone pics to myself and then save 'em on my hard drive, but I'm sure you can do it via cable. My cell phone takes suckish pics, so I am hoping I can smuggle a camera in (tsk tsk!) or something. It would be sweet if the photographer guy you met does forward you some stuff, Topaz. Shweet!
Back to top Go down
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2008, 22:41

Seen them 4 times in Manchester. Ritz gig was the best Manchester gig. Brilliant venue! Bumped into Jupp and had nothing to say other than "You play drums!"......ebarrassed silence.

The best gig was in the masque in Liverpool. It was a gig for a mine charity (MAG i think). Got there quite early, some bloke stood in front of me smoking a cigarette and coughing while we were listening to the support band. It stunk! He said "excuse me" and walked past. It was Guy!! Could have been a rather polite tramp........

He went off to talk to fans. They played an absolutley storming gig. I was such a small venue, almost like somones front room. Looking forward to watching them at Delamere (I live in Warrington so it's not to far at all!!).
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2008, 22:52

Yes I was at the Ritz and Liverpool gig...both great ones. Furthest have been to see Elbow is to Paris and Glasgow.
Also Newcastle, Liverpool, Oxford, Brighton, Portsmouth, Norwich, Glastonbury, Reading, Leicester, Chelmsford.
Manchester 5 times, and in London 14 times
...Delamare Forest next.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr 2008, 08:47

Ted wrote:
Yay Portsmouth! Was it the Pyramids they played at?
Yep.

It's not a bad little venue. I also saw Gomez there a couple of years back. The Split the Difference Tour IIRC
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How far have you gone?   How far have you gone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How far have you gone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow patch-
Jump to: