elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any help would be gratefully received!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Janet
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Any help would be gratefully received! Empty
PostSubject: Any help would be gratefully received!   Any help would be gratefully received! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 20:36

Last year was my son's 21st Birthday, and for it I purchased one of the original Elbow cover artworks by Michael O'Shaughnessy from the 'Leaders of the Free World' album. As he has been a huge fan of Elbow for some time. I was hoping to have this artwork framed alongside the CD album cover; I thought that it would make it a very special gift if it might be at all possible to have the CD album cover signed by the members of the band.

Unfortunately, I don't really know how to go about contacting the band (I have been looking for any possibilities for well over a year now) and would greatly appreciate any advice, please. I did try to contact Elbow's management company, TRC Management, but to be honest, was a little upset when the person I spoke to seemed to infer that I perhaps had intentions of selling it on eBay, so they wouldn't be able to help me. I realise that the band must be incredibly busy, but would be most grateful if anyone could please help?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Any help would be gratefully received!   Any help would be gratefully received! Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep 2010, 13:33

Well Craig has been known to post on here and three of the band (Craig, Jupp and Pete) are on twitter, i think there are a few avenues to go down, anyone else have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Any help would be gratefully received!   Any help would be gratefully received! Icon_minitimeSat 25 Sep 2010, 17:57

You could try contacting Guy via his 6music email address?
Back to top Go down
Janet
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Any help would be gratefully received!   Any help would be gratefully received! Icon_minitimeWed 01 Feb 2012, 11:43

Sorry it's taken so long to reply - thank-you all very much for your help. I'll try your suggestions, and hope we are successful!
Back to top Go down
Open arms
little beast
little beast
Open arms

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Any help would be gratefully received!   Any help would be gratefully received! Icon_minitimeFri 03 Feb 2012, 22:10

I've sent you a private message !
I don't know if you'll be able to read/answer to it as you have only 3 or 4 posts here, but all I can say is : good luck...
I'm in the same situation, impossible for me to contact them for months... A real pain !
Just let me know here if you had my message, if you're not allowed to answer it.
xx

Mr Woman wrote:

Guy doesn't check this messages unfortunately.
All Janet will have in return is an auto reply :

"Thank you for your email to Guy Garvey at BBC 6 Music. Please note that due to the sheer volume of emails received, although every effort will be made, we are not always able to respond to everyone individually. "

BBC6 check the messages and gives him the "best" ones (well, when they read them....) and only if it's a BBC6 music message related.
Back to top Go down
http://simpsonvips.canalblog.com/
Janet
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Any help would be gratefully received!   Any help would be gratefully received! Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 22:29

Open arms wrote:
I've sent you a private message !
I don't know if you'll be able to read/answer to it as you have only 3 or 4 posts here, but all I can say is : good luck...
I'm in the same situation, impossible for me to contact them for months... A real pain !
Just let me know here if you had my message, if you're not allowed to answer it.
xx

Mr Woman wrote:

Guy doesn't check this messages unfortunately.
All Janet will have in return is an auto reply :

"Thank you for your email to Guy Garvey at BBC 6 Music. Please note that due to the sheer volume of emails received, although every effort will be made, we are not always able to respond to everyone individually. "

BBC6 check the messages and gives him the "best" ones (well, when they read them....) and only if it's a BBC6 music message related.

Thank-you very much for all of the help in your private message - I'm so sorry I've only just picked it up. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had, but fingers crossed that there's still hope for us both! Sadly, when I tried to reply by private message, it said that I hadn't reached the post limit.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Open arms
little beast
little beast
Open arms

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Any help would be gratefully received!   Any help would be gratefully received! Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2012, 22:43

you're very welcome !
As far as I remember when you have 5 messages posted you'll be able to reply to private message (it's to avoid pm spam ) so just one message left somewhere on the forum and you'll be able to answer me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://simpsonvips.canalblog.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any help would be gratefully received!   Any help would be gratefully received! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any help would be gratefully received!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow patch-
Jump to: