elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One day like this -instrumental version

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sooze
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-21

One day like this -instrumental version Empty
PostSubject: One day like this -instrumental version   One day like this -instrumental version Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar 2010, 12:57

Hi - don't know whether any of you lovely people can help me. I want to get hold of a instrumental version of 'one day like this' to use at my wedding. I've found a few kareoke versions online but they're not a patch on the real song. Has anyone come across a version with Guy's vocals removed?
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: One day like this -instrumental version   One day like this -instrumental version Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar 2010, 17:42

Hello, Sooze. Welcome to the forum. I don't know of an instrumental version of "One Day Like This" as such, but my internet researches turned this up:

LINK HERE

I don't know whether this will work or not, but it must be worth a shot.

I understand why you'd prefer an instrumental version: The line "One day like this a year would see me right" might make the guests worried you're planning on having a wedding every year. Smile
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: One day like this -instrumental version   One day like this -instrumental version Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 11:52

I'd say don't waste your money on that make-your-own-karaoke software! I've not tried that particular program but I make mashups in my spare time and if it really was as good as it claims to be then everyone in the mashup community would be using it!

When's your wedding? I'll have a go tonight and try to make one for you, but it is very difficult to remove vocals from songs. Also sometimes instrumental versions of albums turn up on the internet (normally via TV producers who use them as incidental music), so it's possible there's an Elbow one floating about. I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

And welcome to the board Smile
Back to top Go down
sooze
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: One day like this -instrumental version   One day like this -instrumental version Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010, 22:14

Thanks to both of you for your help! I get hitched at the start of May so now is the time to do all the interesting stuff like choosing music to drink, dine and dance to.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: One day like this -instrumental version   One day like this -instrumental version Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010, 12:36

sooze wrote:
Thanks to both of you for your help! I get hitched at the start of May so now is the time to do all the interesting stuff like choosing music to drink, dine and dance to.

Nice Smile

I had a go at making a DIY instrumental version last night but the results were pretty awful to say the least.. sorry! I'll keep looking though.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: One day like this -instrumental version   One day like this -instrumental version Icon_minitimeTue 11 May 2010, 14:03

sooze wrote:
I get hitched at the start of May

Oh bugger. Assume you've got married already... just found an official instrumental on we7! Rotten timing eh?
Back to top Go down
harryisere
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: One day like this -instrumental version   One day like this -instrumental version Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 21:01

Just found this....I think it's official!

*Click*
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: One day like this -instrumental version   One day like this -instrumental version Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 21:08

yep, it is... been out for a while, I bought it from 7digital or somewhere similar as I don't do itunes!

It's on youtube as well:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One day like this -instrumental version   One day like this -instrumental version Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One day like this -instrumental version
Page 1 of 1