elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you want to hear on the next album?

Go down 
+17
fadeupyoursmile
Mr_K
Dano
Lesley Gilks
Eag
allyngibson
Bright Grey
ticky
The Final Track
ChrissyBoy
al
leespoons
My Bury Vest
lucky with disease
TamedLamia
ukkonen
ChrissieInFL
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-11-04

What do you want to hear on the next album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you want to hear on the next album?   What do you want to hear on the next album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Nov 2010, 04:36

Mr_K wrote:
Perhaps it will need to be a double CD to fit all that in. How about it fellas?

Naa Smile.

1-noisy guitars
2-ballad
3-r'n'b oriented
4-ballad
5-ballad
6-r'n'b oriented
7-ballad
8-noisy guitars
9-experimental/noisy guitar
10-ballad
11-deeply experimental(at the end like Tomorrow Never Knows)

Just fantasies, but we must..imagine.
Back to top Go down
CrisalidaBoy
fallen angel
fallen angel
CrisalidaBoy

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to hear on the next album?   What do you want to hear on the next album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 21:58

^ Well I think that now we can say it's not gonna be this way haha Lippy Kids is not a noisy guitars track. Anyway, what I expect is more rock. I loved TSSK but today I've started to listen to Leaders of the Free World and it's more direct, faster... it's more noisy. I like the two sides of Elbow but another slow album would be too much...

Lippy Kids, by the way, doesn't seem to fit with my desires. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to hear on the next album?   What do you want to hear on the next album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 10:03

When i talk about "noisy guitars" i don't think simply to powerful rock tunes. I think about "edgy" songs with noisy guitars parts, like Snooks.
Back to top Go down
CrisalidaBoy
fallen angel
fallen angel
CrisalidaBoy

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to hear on the next album?   What do you want to hear on the next album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 11:52

Yes, that would be cool, but I repeat, Lippy Kids is very calm. It has also a new air, very fresh (cause it's new, basically), but it doesn't have any kind of distorsion in it.

I definitely would have preferred it to be in the middle of the setlist instead of #1.
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to hear on the next album?   What do you want to hear on the next album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Jan 2011, 14:33

CrisalidaBoy wrote:
Yes, that would be cool, but I repeat, Lippy Kids is very calm. It has also a new air, very fresh (cause it's new, basically), but it doesn't have any kind of distorsion in it.

Yes, i heard it Smile, and...like it. I hope for a good balance beetween ballads and rock tunes.
Back to top Go down
powderblue
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to hear on the next album?   What do you want to hear on the next album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 05:17

I'd love to hear them create masterpieces along the lines of what is heard on Asleep in the Back. That album couldn't be more beautiful. I'm still listening to that album... must be 10 years old now? wow.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to hear on the next album?   What do you want to hear on the next album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 10:15

Welcome Powderblue! From the rumours, it sounds like we're in for echoes of AITB, so good times ahead.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Bennington
fallen angel
fallen angel
Bennington

Male Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to hear on the next album?   What do you want to hear on the next album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 19:40

TamedLamia wrote:
Progrock without solos like they used to do...What a Face
I'd like to hear them beeing inspired by early Genesis, Floyd and Radiohead again rather than hearing them copy quote the Beatles and reach for the "Kuddlerock Olymp" like a german reviewer said after the last Elbowconcert in Berlin... Neutral
I'd love to hear them make noise not with trumpets but again with distorted guitars like they did in Newborn, Whisper Grass, Bitten by the tailfly, Grounds for divorce and Snooks.
I'd love to hear "turbowaltzes" without latinamerican influences like they did with Red, Fugitive Motel, Great Expectations, Towercrane driver and Newborn.
I'd love to hear dark mystic mantras like in Any day now and Station Approach.
And IF they have trumpets, please the way it was in "Bitten by the tailfly", "Asleep in the back" , "Lay down your cross" and "Hotel Istanbul" (see I am not only note old songs!)

And purrlease no "One day like this pt. II" Suspect affraid

Yes I'd have to say I agree with you almost entirely here. Prog rock is the way for them to go. I mean I don't nessisarily want them to go more rocky or heavy (not that i wouldn't mind that either!) but going back to the darker & more atmospheric sound heard on AITB.

and I love every one of the 'Turbowaltzes ' you mentioned haha. & yes, Hotel Istanbul's brass blasts are awesome too. Basically 'Hotel istanbul' mixed with 'George Lassos the moon' would be a dream album for me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thexilexile.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to hear on the next album?   What do you want to hear on the next album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you want to hear on the next album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2